Chapter twenty-five.

Caroline's P.O.V
I was marching to my pack house angry as hell after winning at Max and making him submit in my challenge so now I'm Alpha of two packs causing them to merge together making me stronger than I already was, I really didn't want to resolve to the option of challenging Max but I would do anything for my pack.

I reached the pack house in less than three minutes but for me it was too much, still in my blue lingerie from my previous shift, I entered my office where Eric and the rest of the guys lay unconscious from the intense pain.

I closed my eyes tightly willing the tears to leave but to no avail, I mutter this is just a dream, no, a nightmare more like it, again and again as if if I keep repeating it over and over again then it would be true, but when I opened my eyes it was real. I collapse on my knees and start sobbing softly, I don't care if I look weak but it's all to much, I feel a sudden dip in the air and my sobs grow louder when I realized why... I used my super hearing sence but the room was deathly quite, not even a single heartbeat rather than my racing one, I let a really loud howl to escape my mouth expressing my sadness, hearing equally sad howls from the distance, from my pack that felt the lose of a friend or family member or a mate.

I look down at them, covered in blood, and my tears run down faster when I look at Eric's motionless body, that's when I break, I can't let them die because of that bitch.

I close my eyes and start humming a tune my dad once hummed to me when I was injured, to heal my wound because it was deeper than what my body can handle.I started off humming very lowly then I gradually hummed louder and louder, the tone was beautiful but only a few people got the pitch right.

I hear slight movement around me but try to ignore it and continue humming, I have to focus on finishing the tune.

I felt hands rap around me and start shaking me but I ignore it and continue humming.

"Caroline! Enough! You're going to die!" A voice yells but I don't care, I continue. The shaking didn't stop, it was getting rougher.

"CAROLINE!? Open you're eyes!" The voice says again, I slowly open my eyes after the last note of the song I was humming was over, seeing the glow around me dull until I saw a face that made a slight smile to form on my lips, the person kept shaking me before darkness finally consumed me.
------------------------------
Live.
Vote.
Comment.
And follow.