Chapter twenty-six.

This chapter is in italics because it is a memory.
------------------------------
Caroline's P.O.V when she was 3.
"It h-hurt-ts s-so b-bwad daddy" I hiccuped through my sobs. Someone was training with a bow and arrow near where I was playing, the wind blew suddenly at the same time the man threw the arrow causing it to go off cource and imbedden itself in my stomach instead.

"I know baby but it will be OK, everything will be OK" he said trying to comfort me but it didn't work because I could hear the panic in his voice and my moms soft sobs.

"I want to sweep daddy". I said my eyes fluttering open and close.

"NO! No, you can't sleep now baby, it's not your bedtime yet!" Dad said panicked as my mom's sobs grew louder.

"B-But daddy, mommy aways swaid it's OK to sweep when I'm very sweepy". I said with my eyes shut this time.

"No...No...forget what I said, you can't sleep Caroline, daddy's right it'snot your bedtime yet!" Mom said frantically.

Daddy was now silent, staring at me with wide eyes and unshed tears, that'swhen I knew something was wrong because daddy never cried.

"Daddy? Why awe you cwying?" I softly asked.

He shook his head and came closer to me, "How about I sing you a lullaby, baby?" Dad said letting one teardrop fall.

"Aaron!? What are you doing? We want her to stay awake so why the hell are you going to sing her a lullaby?"

"Almira! You have your abilities and I have mine so let me use it now". Dad yelled at mom, tears fell mom's eyes faster than before, "Okay" she whispered "just save our baby Aaron".

Dad hugged me closer to his chest careful not to hurt my tummy, then he began to hum this beautiful tune with his eyes shut tightly, suddenly there was this glow around dad, a bright white glow but I brushed it off as my imagination.

Suddenly I felt this warm sensation at the pit of my tummy, where the arrow hit me, I looked down at my stomach to see the same light that was around my dad around me too only this time it was a light blue and for some reason I felt like the change of the light's color has something to do with my spirit, then I fell asleep still in my dad's arms and when I woke up I thoughtit was all a dream but the tune will never be forgotten as long as I live, it was that beautiful.
------------------------------
Live.
Vote.
Comment.
And follow.