Chapter thirty.

Caroline's P.O.V
I opened my eyes and smiled sadly at my reflection in the river. I felt something wet on my face and I quickly wipped the tears away. After about 2 and a half hours from my parents' death, Zach (Danny's father, my dad's TIC) and Max (Eric's dad, my dad's beta) came and found me covered in my mom and dad's blood, sitting next to their dead bodies.

They were in a frenzy after seeing their best friends dead and their daughter in a state of shock, denial and anger, they ran around the forest making a premises check, they found the one rogue that managed to escape my Dad, they teared him apart limb from limb trying to channel their anger and grief on the last person that caused this.

Max and Zach took over the pack while I was grieving, I took the responsibility of Alpha after a week of my parents funeral. The first year was the hardest... trying to prove myself worthy of guiding my pack and fighting off packs and Alphas that thought they can challenge me because I was a kid or simply the fact that I was a girl or both...but I had a great mentor, the best actually and that was my father, even though I had only been trained for roughly a year but I knew the ins and outs of being an Alpha. Soon the other Alphas stopped trying to take over my pack and started to respect me and ask for my alliance with them.

And if that wasn't enough, that stupid Ashley tried challenging me after three years when we were 15 after insulting my parents and calling them weak. I won every time she challenged me. Her parents told her she should stop before she gets hurt or worse but she refused to listen, now look where she ended up; a rogue.

I sighed then looked at my reflection again, I knew I wasn't dead, I knew I was alive and so were the others, Eric too seeing he's the one who tried to stop me from finishing humming the song. I should have died since it was supposed to be too much my body and eventually my mind would colapse seeing as I basically brought 16 people back from the dead; the humming was like CPR since they died recently it would have worked but there were too many so I couldn't preform CPR on all of them, so the humming was the next best thing, actually the best thing.

I suddenly heard alot of growling, I sighed again. I haven't been gone more than an hour and already they're fighting and trying to rip each others throats out.

"Just shut up! I'm trying to have some peace and quiet here" I muttered.
------------------------------
Live.
Vote.
Comment.
And follow.