Chapter twenty-eight.

Caroline's P.O.V
I was in a beautiful medow with a river infront of me. I sat near the river's bank and felt so much peace, peace I never what to go away from, peace I haven't felt ever since my parents died. I still remember that day as if it was only yesterday;

8 years ago;
"Care! Don't go too far, come back!" Mom yelled after me.

"But, Mummy, you're going too slow" I said pausing in my step.

"I don't care, even if I was slower than a turtle you still have to stay near me and your dad". Mom said softly coming to where I was. When she reached me she got on her knees and hugged me, "Besides, this is where our picnic is going to be".

"Yeah, it is, so can you guys move a bit so I can set everything up, I am a tad bit tired". Dad said.

"I can't believe what my highly sensitive hearing just cached". I said with a fake gasp, my parents looked at me in confusion before I continued, "DAD?! TIERED?! I must be dreaming" I said exaggerating a bit...ok, alot, Mom giggled while Dad just rolled his eyes.

"Ha-Ha-very funny Care".

"Thank you, Thank you, I do try" I said giving a bow and laughing.

My dad rolled his eyes again but with a smile this time, "I don't think you need to try Care, you're funny just as you are" Dad commented, I smiled at that.

"Jee, Dad, you're not too bad yoursel-" I was interrupted by soft crunches, My eyes widen when I see 15 men come out of the forest, my dad changes from carefree and fun dad mode to cold and hard Alpha mode.

"What are you doing in my territory?!" Dad growled taking a step forward to both intimidate the trespassers and to shield mom and me. I could feel his power and authority radiating off him in waves.

"Oh, nothing big. We just came to kill you and your family and takeover your pack". The guy with brown hair said making my dad growled, no one threatens my dad's family and pack and lives to tell the tale.

"Almira...take Caroline and go to the pack house...NOW!" My dad said all in a whisper till he yelled 'NOW' when they started to attack.

"Nowhere is safe for them as long as we're alive". The same brown haired guy said before he turned into a mud brown wolf.

"Then you won't be alive for long". Dad growled before, he too, turned into his all black wolf.
------------------------------
Live.
Vote.
Comment.
And follow.