Chapter thirty-nine.

Caroline's P.O.V
"Have you ever wondered why I was born?

Through love of those the mountain couldn't have torn?

Once we were enemies with those called vampires,

Now, after my mother, a blood sucker, and father, the moon's slave, have become one we can conquer any of your empires,

I stand among you now as the queen of werewolves,

Making sure you don't trick us with your allures,

Can't you see my eyes as black as coal?

I won't stop until I reach my goal.

Can't you see you've come up to a wall?

You can't escape me, not even with a cast of a fireball.

You have been given many chances you stupid witches,

But you never stop your greed for riches.

Now after we have felt threatened,
By now you have reached the deadend,

Have you guessed by now that I am the legend?" I smirked when I heard many gasps from everyone around me, the moon goddess was right, all the stories my parents ever told me were all true.

        "T-THAT CAN'T BE TRUE!?" Cadence yelled, "the legend is just that, a legend, it can't be true" I shrugged at her then said, "Whatever helps you sleep at night".

         "W-why can't you just die and stay dead, why did you have to get into my life? Why did you have to take his attention away from me?" Cadence asked crying.

        "If I remember correctly, which I do, you're the one that waltzed right into my pack not the other way around, and who the hell are you talking about? I haven't taken away anyone's attention, they give it to me" I said.

        "T-that's enough, I've had enough of you!" She said before raising her hands and screeming a word I don't quite catch and with that a huge fireball is heading towards me, is her skull that thick? I mean I just said it wouldn't work in the, kinda speech-kinda poem thingy.

        I took a defense stance then, just as the ball comes infront of me, I grab it with my hands before quickly hurling it back towards her.

        There was an explosion then a few more gasps from the witches before the war began again, all the witches sprang towards my pack and the vampires, and all the vampires and my pack jumped on to them.

        Speaking about pack, I need to re-link them to me now, I close my eyes and imagine every single on of them and re-link them to me.

        When I reopen my eyes I am met with a protective circle around me..why?

        I peer over their shoulders and see about ten witches advancing towards me, I smirked, this will be fun.

        "Move and you shall not be harmed, stay and your family is next" one of the witches spoke.

        "We would gladly lay our lives for that of our Alpha's, and so would our families" Cameron, an old friend of mine, said taking a step forward.

        "Ah, there's no need for that Cam, I'll deal with them on my own, meanwhile go check how the rest are doing," I said, "all of you" I soon added when I saw only Cameron going to leave.

        After a decent amount of arguing about not leaving me alone and me convincing them, they finally leave.

        "Why do you insist on fighting when it's the wrong cause, and pull away when it's the right one?" I ask very confused, they always do it, but..why?

        "Your theory of right, and ours are very different, you fight for the fun of it or you mates, and family while we fight for the power we get after the fight is over and we have won" another witch said, are they stupid..never mind forget I even asked that, ofcource they are.

        "I will show you the errors in your ways, that, I promise" and that's when both teams attack.

        After I'm done I looked down at the ten bodies laying at my feet, they aren't dead, they're just unconscious at the moment, I look around and notice that the war has ended and we have won, there are still a few witches awake, when I get closer to them, and they see me, they all bow their heads in submission, all but one, and I'm pretty sure you can guess who that is.

        "Cadence" I say nodding my head in acknowledgment.

        She sneered at me before spitting out, "You useless piece of shi-" she was interrupted by a growl that caused her to shut her mouth, Max's growl.

        She looked up at him with sad and hurt eyes, "W-why do y-you always choose her side over mine? Do you not love me anymore?" She asked with tears threatening to spill.

        He just growled more at that, "You stupid, stupid girl, it doesn't matter whether it is your side or hers or even mine, it's about the right side to choose! And even if I do want to choose your side I can't, wanna know why my dear mate?" She flinched at that, secretly sending me a glare.

        "I said do you want to know why?" He yelled, causing her to whimper then nod quickly.

        "It's because now she is my Alpha, she challenged me and won" her head snapped up to me and she snarled, glaring at me more, I just rolled my eyes at that.

        "Don't snarl at her! It's all your fault if it weren't for you, I would still be Alpha, and you my luna, and all the people that have died today would have still been alive!" He spun towards me and bowed deeply, "I am deeply sorry for all this mess my mate has caused, I know what the protocol in these situations is, you would execute the attacker, but I ask for your forgiveness Alpha Caroline, I will teach my mate the right way no matter what it takes".

        "It's okay Max, but I don't want to see her near my friends or my mate" I said softly, he was quick to nod and thank me and with that they were gone.

        Finally I can be at peace with my mate and family, finally!
------------------------------
        Keep reading, the epilogue will be posted after this chapter in maybe 3 min. Tops, vote, comment, and follow!