Chapter 20: A Walk Around Town with Tobias Part 2

The Christmas lights add a warm glow to the snowy night. Four and I stroll down the sidewalk and I'm in awe at this little town.

"What's this town called?" I ask staring at one big tree lightened up by what looks to be millions of lights.
"Bethlehem."
I look at him in disbelief, "Are you serious?"
He nods laughing as we walk to the giant tree.

"You cold?" He asks.
"Just my hands," I say and clench them in a fist even though they're in my pockets.
"Here give me your hands," he extends both his hands and I place mine in his.

He puts his two larger hands around both of mine and lightly blows warm air on them. Not only my hands immediately warm but my entire body warms at his touch and suddenly I want to be closer to him and want to be engulfed by his warmth.

Four's POV

"Thanks," she mutters and looks down slipping her hands out of mine and I want to hold her hands in mine again. For some reason I feel proud like I finally did something good. I don't know why I brought her to dinner, or even here, or even her, I guess I didn't want to go to such a beautiful place with anyone else, that's what I'll tell her, how beautiful she is.

I mentally slap myself, I'm a player and that lovey dovey stuff is just Hollywood putting ideas in your head and then it just leads to a break up because their expectations weren't met. Yet here I am, the only thing stopping me is my big fat ego.

"Why did you really bring me hear?" Tris asks. "There are 10,000 students at DH at least one would see us so why take me here?"
I stare into her stormy grey eyes and I can tell there's a storm going on.

I take her hands in mine, "I wanted to share this beautiful town with the most beautiful girl I know." I say kind of shocking myself.

"You never answered my question from earlier, do you like anyone?"
"Yes," she says and then her lips crash with mine.

Tris POV

I feel like I'm on fire from all the sparks. The same sparks I felt at the football game, the same sparks I felt when we kissed in the Hershey's commercial, and the same sparks when we were dancing at the wedding.

Then I knew, this was love. I was in love. Not like you liked someone, but loved. And not just anyone, Tobias Eaton, Four. I was in love with Four.

Our lips move in sink and I rap my arms around his neck as he raps his around my waist. I feel my heart racing a million miles an hour, as if Ive been sprinting for hours. I feel his heat radiating of of him and his arms lock around me.

We pull away after God knows how long, and we remember we're in public. This time Four doesn't apologize for the kiss or say it was a mistake. And I knew it wasn't, that could never have been a mistake.

We stare into each other's eyes breathing heavily. This is it, this is the moment I throw my life away for something better, for something greater.

"Tris," he says and for a second a start to doubt myself for thinking it wasn't a mistake. I was bracing myself for the worst.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"

The words hit me like a gust of wind, waking me up to reality, and making it suddenly easier to breathe. I look into his hopeful eyes and nod.
"Yes," I finally manage to say.

He looks around and takes my hand as we walk to a small hidden river behind the town. Christmas lights line the edges of the sidewalk guiding us through the night. For a minute we just walk our hands locked and smiles plastered on our faces.

Butterflies soured in my stomach and I wanted to scream and run and hug someone to death I was just so happy. I never felt this way with Jesse or any of my other boyfriends who I ended up getting a restraining order on.

"Do you think anyone saw?" he asks.
"Saw us kiss?" Was he embarrassed to be seen with me, or even being with me. Wait, was this all just a prank?

"Yeah," he says, "I mean not that I care," he tries to recover his last sentences clearly sensing my uneasiness.
"Listen I just don't know if I want everyone to know, not because of my ego or anything, just, drama," he sighs, I can tell he's telling the truth and hoping I'll respond in a positive way.

"I get what you mean, just promise one thing," I ask, "Don't go around kissing other girls." He stops and faces me holding both my hands in his.
"Never again," he sighs and puts one hand on my face and kisses me gently. I sigh into the kiss not wanting to break away.

"So do we still have to act like we hate each other?" I ask.
"Well I guess it's for the best," he says but tickles me in the process. I laugh and lightly punch him.
"The one thing I'll miss is getting into fist fights with you in the hall," he says.
"You know I always kicked you butt," I say.
"In your dreams Tiny," he taunts.
"Oh come on number boy, afraid of a little girl," I say smirking.

He grabs my legs and throws me over his shoulder. I go into a laughing fit as he lays me on a park bench. I rest my head on his shoulder and he kisses my forehead.

"I love you," he says.
"I love you too."
"I love you three."
"I love you Four."