Chapter 46: Not Just Any Nightmare

Tap, tap, tap. I woke up to tapping on my window, at least that's what I thought it was... tap, tap. I laid in darkness, dismissing the strange sound coming from outside. Tap, tap. As I started to adjust to my surroundings, I felt that something was wrong, something was watching me. Tap! Tap! The taps started to get louder and louder and that was when it dawned on me, my window is on the other side of my room.

Paralyzed with fear, I glanced around my room and my eyes settled on my mirror across the room. Slowly getting up I stumble to my vanity to see a small glow coming from it. My reflection stared back at me, my wide smiled, sharp toothed reflection.

The glow dimmed until all I could see was my face. Confused I reach out and touch it.
"Who are you?" I try to say but it comes out as a rasp whisper. The reflection tilts it's head and smiles wider.
"Come," it says and just like that the glass cracks.

I pull my hand back shocked. Soon the glass cracks further and the pieces fall in the mirror, cutting my reflection, and cutting me. Although the glass falls inward I feel it slicing me, as if I was the real reflection. Soon I feel a pull towards the mirror and my arms fly back as I lurch into the mirror.

I fall forward with my reflection screaming. Shrieks and cries fill the air that are my own.
Falling
Falling
Falling
I scream for what felt like an eternity. I fell for what seemed to be ages. I couldn't see the ground but I heard voices.

Voices laughing at me, voices crying for me. But one voice in particular, his voice brought back memories of broken bones and dark rooms.

That's when the world swirls and I'm on my feet in a dark room. I heard scratching at the door; growing up with dogs I was used to it. Suddenly I remembered I was alone, and that scratching is no animal.

Moans were outside the door, like a man dying. I tried to walk but my legs were glued to the floor.
"You," the moan growled. The door flies open with so much force it breaks a hinge.

Laying on the ground lies something similar to a human. It pulls itself forward and that's when I realize it's the Italian. His bones are broken in odd angles and one eye is fixed on me while the other so far to the left it looks almost completely white.

"You," he growls once more, "You did this to me!" The cracking of bones makes me want to vomit. Bile rises in my throat as he crawls forward his bones cracking into place. Finally he stands towering over me.

Suddenly I knew being the center of this mans attention was a very bad thing. He wore his cruelty and malice like a second skin.

That's when I heard his voice, Amar's. It boomed through the halls.
"Stay low
Go fast
Kill first
Die last
One shot
One kill"

The song sent the man screaming and pulling at his own skin. He clawed himself and his bones turned to dust and his skin to thin paper.

I thought I would be relieved but I wasn't. I knew, something was coming, something was coming for me. I felt like I was being forced to play a game that I had no chance at winning.

It was cunning
It was brutal
It was relentless

And it was hunting me