Chapter 54: Found

It isn't until we drove 800 miles that we finally got to rest. We didn't stay in a hotel, despite having a fake credit card for emergencies Four said it might get traced. Instead Four leads me to a building that looks like it's for special meetings. He simply walks in shows the security guard some weird badge and then the next thing I know I'm curled up in a ball next to Four looking out a giant window at all of New Jersey.

"Why are we here?" I mumble into Four's chest as I lay half awake.
"If I ever had to run, like now for example, and had to completely disappear, Amar told me to go to the very center of New Jersey and he'd find me," he says the words as if a distant memory, probably because it is.

"Four," Four mumbles in response.
"Why do we have this life? Why can't we be normal, go to school focus on friends and go out on dates? Why do people try to kill us?" I've been thinking about this for a long time, I don't know if it's cause I'm so tired, or because I just really needed an answer that I finally asked him.
"I don't know," and with those simple words I fall into a deep sleep full of my worst nightmares.

                                                             +                                        +                                            +                                             

A yellow light wakes me up and I find myself unusually  warm. I open my eyes slowly to see Four's chest rising and falling slowly, and the sun to be seeping through the giant window that serves as a wall. Slowly getting up without waking Four I walk across the room to explore it. It has a long table with cushioned black chairs and a flat screened TV on the far wall.

I walk around to where Four is resting in the corner and then back out at the view with the ocean and city. The sun rests just above the ocean and I check the clock to see that it's 5:30. Resting my back against the wall I think of every scenario that  my friends could be in right now.

Amar's POV

"Evelyn I swear to God I will kill you!" I shout through the metal door while banging viscously at it. I turn around to see Tori and my brother both starring at walls in an irritated way. Out of all the people to lock me in a room with Evelyn had to lock me with my brother who just so happens to be her ex.

"Amar calm down," Marcus sneers. I take a deep breathe and slowly turn, "Calm down? CALM DOWN!?" I shout, "Marcus, kids are dying out there, your son is out there and so is Tris and their friends, they could be dead!"
"Amar!" Tori shouts, "Calm down," she sighs with pleading eyes.

I rest my head against the wall and can't take it anymore, I have to do something, anything. I throw my arms down and hold a handstand position, then I start to do push ups in that kind of position and do them faster and faster as my anger courses through my veins.

Anger seeps through every inch of me as I review what just happened. The Factionless overtook the school, who knows how many prisoners there are in this school like us, maybe they're also locked up in a chemical lab. Of course it was just my luck, having a bullet proof glass window for people to look through and a three inch steel door with double bolts, there was no way I could break out of here. But that's the least of my problems right now, my watch is missing.

Lynn's POV

It has to have been at least a day by now. I've been locked in a dark janitors closet with Zane ever since the Factionless got the drop on us. Sure we fought enough to make Amar proud, but we were completely out numbered. I can only imagine where my sister is.

Shauna's POV

"AHHHHHHH!!" I scream as I bang on the door again. I swear Christina and I have broken every single instrument in this music room trying to escape. I have to admit, the Factionless had this whole thing planned perfectly, every room is completely secure with a guard stationed outside.