Chapter 29: The Solo Assassin

Four's POV

They got me out of the bathroom. Sure it took about six Factionless. It was very entertaining watching them try to break down the door without hurting me. My assumption was right, if they even lay a finger on me the other Factionless freak out.

I've kinda been acting like an asshole without Tris. I don't know why but I do stupid things like break something or purposely clog the toilet with toilet paper then start laughing. I think I've lost my mind, and the only person who can put me back together is Tris. But she's gone, so I guess I am too.

Tris POV

One week. One week he's been gone and I'm dying without him. Last night I went to Amar's and Tori's and slept over. I cried myself to sleep. I cry so often now sometimes I don't even know it till I feel the hot tear stream down my face.

Amar and Tori have tried to help. I think this whole thing is to stressful for Tori, she's been trying to take care of me and Amar and she's not used to being so sympathetic.

I walk down the stairs in my clothes from yesterday. Once I walk in the kitchen I see Tori look up from some paperwork and her eyes soften at the sight of me. I know my eyes are red and swollen, I can hardly see through them.

Amar's sitting on the table looking out the window with what I think is coffee. Another thing we had to watch was Amar's drinking, we were worried that he would really wasted but he's been sober the entire time.

"Morning," he mumbles taking a sip from his tea.
"Have you..." I start.
"If I found any information I would have told you by now," he sighs causing me to shut up.

I slide into the seat next to him and rest my head on the table looking around. The silence is disturbed by a loud ding making me jump. Amar whips out his phone and reads the text in less than a millisecond.

"It's Four," Amar says quickly.
"What?" Tori almost yells as we get up to look over Amar's shoulder.
Pick pocketed Factionless- think I'm in abandoned storehouse- from window I see pink graffiti of wolf/ blue bubble letters of STRONG- can't see Hancock building from my angle- looking away from Chicago

That was it. That's what we had to go on.
"At least he's alive," Tori mutters probably seeing my disappointment. Then smirks at me.
"You wanna see a cool trick?" She asks.
"Why would I want to see that?" before she answers she drags me down in a chair.
"Watch Amar," she whispers.

I look at Amar to see his eyes closed and he's head twitches sometimes and his hands make slight motions.
"What's he doing?" I ask.
"Amar was an FBI agent and detective for Chicago, he always has a few tricks up his sleeve," she mutters smirking.

After a minute Amar's eyes shoot open and he stands quickly, nearly falling without his crutch.
"I'm fine!" He yells when we try to help him.
"He's in the Factionless's old base, west of downtown Chicago," he says hobbling around.

"You got all that from a direction and some graffiti?" I ask.
"Yup," he says popping the 'p'. He wobbles to a room I've been in a couple times, it has the entire map of Chicago and I realize it's the same one that was at school based off of the knife mark in it.

"He's here, and we're here," Amar says pointing about 70 blocks south of us.
"How do we get him out?" I ask immediately.
"Tris you have to go in alone," Amar says making Tori gasp.
"What!? No, I will not send my sixteen year old niece into a suicide mission!" Tori exclaims.

"We don't have any other choice," Amar sighs sitting down.
"I'm coming with then," she says crossing her arms.
"Well I'm not allowing my pregnant wife to get shot," Amar nearly yells. That shuts Tori right up.