Chapter 42: Love

Possible new cover^^^

Four's POV

My head jolts up to the sound of a door opening. I quickly realize I fell asleep with my head on Tris's bed while sitting in a chair. When I look at who entered I scowl.

Marcus

"Yes sir?" I address him.
"When was the last time you slept? You look tired," he comments.
No shit Sherlock and I was actually asleep five seconds ago until you came in.

"A couple days sir," I reply somewhat truthfully.
"Hm? Have you been crying?" He sneers. There it is, his severe mood swings. Bipolar much?
"I'm sorry sir what?" I ask trying to hold it together. Right now is not the time to make me mad.

"Pity isn't it? She was a good girl. The only good girl you've ever dated, and now you're crying over her," he remarks starring down at her. How did he figure out we were dating, CeCe didn't tell him did she? He's pushing every button I have and if he presses anymore I know I'm going to explode.

"I've never seen you cry before. Not at your mothers funeral, and not when half your blood has been spilled on the floor," Marcus sneers.

"And to think you're crying over such a ridiculous little thing. Death, I thought you'd be immune to it by now." I don't remember what happens. All I see is red and black and then I wake up in a hospital bed with both my hands and legs handcuffed to the sides.

Tris POV

I fell asleep again. My dreams were of Four sitting by my bed. I still don't know who that was that was by my bed.

Once my eyes open again I feel some strength come back to me. What I see almost overwhelms me, I see everyone my family, grandpa, Four's grandpa, Amar, Tori, Owen, Clare, George, Kate, all my friends, and all the guys.

They're all talking quiet loudly with smiles on there faces. That's when I realize Four wasn't with them.
"She's awake again!" I hear a voice shout and everyone looks at me. Ok that overwhelmed me everyone is literally starring at me waiting for me to do something. I've been in a coma for God knows how long, I can't do anything for crying out loud!

"Beatrice," a voice says and I look to see my mom.
"Mom," I croak and I see tears well up in her eyes. The first thing I said coming out of my coma was mom, and I don't think there's anything better to say.
"Damn does it sound good to hear your voice," I hear George say from across the room. Then I see Tori trying to hold in her tears.
"Where's Four," I try to say.

"Honey you haven't used your voice in five weeks it's going to be kind of raw," my mom explains. What? Five weeks? I though it only lasted a couple of days!?!? I guess watching my entire life was longer than I expected.

The book! Oh my gosh I can't tell anyone what I saw! Maybe Father Eaton? But that's it! I literally saw God!

My eyes become heavy again and I don't know if I fainted or fell asleep.

Four's POV

The door swings open and there's a very happy Amar. Wait? Happy Amar? That can mean only one thing. Tris.

"First off nice job at beating your dad to a pulp you can stay at my place tonight, second," he pauses and smiles the truest smile I've ever seen him smile, "It's Tris, she's awake."

The words hit me like a slap on the face. Awake? I've dreamt of this moment for what feels like forever, but why can't I process it. Tris. Awake. I can finally hear her voice again, see the color come back to her face, watch her gracefully walk and her eyes, oh her eyes.

"Get me out of here!" I hiss smiling and he runs over takes his watch and soon all the handcuffs are on the floor. We sprint through the halls getting yelled at by nurses and doctors.

Then we stop at her door. I'm about to open the door when millions of negative outcomes cross my mind. What if she forgot the past couple months? What if she blames me? So many flood my mind my hands start to shake.

"Four," Amar's voice brings me out of my daze, "She fell back asleep, she may or may not be awake. We cleared everyone out to let her sleep and her voice doesn't work very well. But I know one thing, she wants to see you."

All my worries leave me at those couple words. I've waited and waited and waited for this, and it's finally happening. I slowly open the door.

There she lays asleep. And as fast as my hope rises it falls. She looks as lifeless and tired as she did the first day. I look back at Amar to confirm she was ever even awake. He just slowly nods and follows me into the room, closing the door.

I pull up a chair like I always do and sit next to her resting my head on the bed.
"When will she wake up again?" I ask my voice cracking at the last word.
"Could be hours. It took her about two hours last time though. That's when they put you under quarantine."

Amar pats me on the shoulder and leaves. I sit there for what seems like days. No one comes in, and if they did then they must've left right away. I wonder where the gang is right now. Probably in the waiting room. It seems like ages ago when we were all together. I try to remember the last time we were all together. It was a month ago when they finally forgave us. I still can't believe we lied to them for so long, and I can't believe the levels are over. Who knows maybe they had more levels but stopped them once Tris... well yeah.

I look at Tris once more hoping and praying that she'll open her eyes so I can see them again. I've had so many dreams about them, those stunning steel grayish blue eyes. They were so innocent and filled with knowledge yet at the same time so curious and filled with wonder. I never knew how much I cared for Tris, even when we hated each other we still were always together, we were dance partners, heck we were partners in crime. Yet this time apart, these five weeks of pure hell almost killed me.

I love Tris, and it wasn't love at first sight, I don't believe in that. No, our love started out so small, just two little kids that would annoy each other. We grew up together, we were always there for each other, I can't think of one event that Tris wasn't with me. It almost seemed that whatever effected one of us it effected the other as well. Our love started to grow as we grew, the larger we grew, the greater we cared for each other. I may not have known it then, but I did care for Tris, I did know back then though, that without Tris I would be practically pointless. Every girl threw themselves at me. Every girl but Tris, she was the odd one out, the mystery girl, she soon became the very reason I got up in the morning, to beat her and prove myself to her. Finally we both broke each other, we both fell in love, we both lost to each other.

"Four?"

Hey guys I've actually made an Instagram account for this book cause I was bored its Divergent_Fire_v_Ice. If you follow comment your one of my readers and I'll follow back.