Chapter 52: Sugar Skull

"But I don't want to be lady-like, I want to lure men to their deaths," Lynn says while wiggling her fingers.
"This is why you don't have a boyfriend," her sister bluntly states.
"I already told you guys, Imma marrying that cheesecake," Lynn flips her hair back and wiggles her eyebrows.

"Marlene?" A very nervous Uriah walks in the room followed by the rest of the boys.
"Ok, seriously we asked for like 10 minute of girl talk and you come in after," Christina looks at her watch, "THREE MINUTES!"

"I know I know," Uriah bounces on the balls of his feet, "But we've been having some boy talk.."
"Don't call it boy talk Uri," Zeke says shaking his head.
"Ok, well we've been talking about stuff, like... well stuff that normally girls talk about, about the opposite gender and stuff..."

"Oh for goodness sake Uriah spit it out!" Zane shouts throwing his arms in the air.
"Marlene, I'm in love with you," he says quickly starring at her. The room fills with silence as they stare at each other.

"And," Uriah clearly didn't know what to say to this reaction, "and um, I just wanted to say that." Zeke punches his shoulder and mummers something to him.
"Oh, oh right, will you be my girlfriend?" He slowly trails off, he always does that when he's nervous.

"Uh, yeah, yes!" Marlene shouts and runs over to him throwing herself on him. Uriah's jaw drops and his eyes turn the size of golf balls. He bounces up and down, "Dude she said yes!" He shouts turning to all the guys who have amused smiles on their faces.

"That leaves one left!" Shauna shouts pointing a finger in the air like some weird dictator. We all turn with evil smiles at Zane and Lynn.
"Oh no no no, that's funny," Lynn says crossing her arms glaring at Zane. Yeah tough Lynn's back, note the sarcasm. She's so nice to her friends, but when it comes to strangers, she scared the living shit out of all of them. But hey! Zane's equally scary, I mean he is Australian with 11 older brothers.

"Mhm," Christina bounces on her hip.
"You know I was having a pretty good day!" Lynn shouts pouting at her friends.
"Don't worry we still wuv you," I say hugging her, something she hates.

"Yeah yeah we all love each other, now get off ME!" She shoves me off the bed with a thud.
"Trissy-poo!" Uriah shouts, aw shit not this nickname again,
"Uriah," I say calmly standing up, "I already told you, if you call me that again, I'll make sure you don't have kids."

"But then Marlene wouldn't be able to have kids either," Four says pouting and a chorus of 'oohs' fill the room as Marlene's face turns a bright crimson and Uriah stands with a smile across his face. Either he is literally the stupidest person I've met and he has no idea what that means, or he actually does and agrees with that statement. Both of them are equally probable.

"Tris," Four hops next to me on the bed once everyone bursts into conversation.
"Would you," he laces his fingers with mine, "Like to go on a picnic?"
"Four we're not allowed outside," I simply state glancing at his lips.

"I know, and we won't break that rule," he says, a smirk playing along his lips. I glance around at my friends who are in an argument about something, it must not be to serious because they still have smiles plastered on their faces.

"Fine," I mutter, "But remember, if we do break a rule, Amar's murdering you first."
"Alright deal," he says with a laugh.

He gently takes my hand and leads me through a series of dark hallways. He must know this place like the back of his hand because even without light he knows exactly where to turn.

"Amar used to take me here when I was little, these guys are taken care of better than you and me if that's even possible," he says with a laugh and I'm thrown off by the term "these guys".