Chapter 26: The Death of Valentines Day

"Happy Valentines!" Four shouts to me spinning me around.
"SHHHH! My parents might hear you!" I shriek. Four climbed through my window this morning surprising me.
"KAYA!" He yells picking up my 2 month old puppy.
"You're getting so big," he says in a baby voice as Kaya nips at his nose.

"Yeah hopefully you didn't get me another puppy cause she's enough trouble," I say taking her from him and putting her on the bed. Four wraps his arms around me and I bury my head in the crook of his neck.

"Happy Valentines Day love," he says into my hair.
"Happy Valentines Day," I say back. Our moment is ruined when both our phones ring at the same time.
"It's Shauna," I say.
"Yeah mines Zeke," we exchange nervous glances and pick up.

"Hello?" We both say.
"Tris I keep finding Zeke flirting with other girls and now we got into a huge fight and Im now giving him the silent treatment but he keeps texting me and it isn't like an apology text it's just saying how he never flirts and I'm the one who flirts and now he's accusing me of hanging out with other guys when I'm all honesty I never flirt," she says quickly in one breathe.

"Shauna..." I start.
"And it's freaking Valentines Day!" She shouts through the phone.
"It's just like he's back to his old self where he flirts with every girl on the planet, I get that he's not used to having an actual girlfriend but he should stay loyal to me I mean it's not like I'm overreacting," the confusion in her voice is as clear as day.

Before I can say anything she cuts in again.
"Oh got to go Marlene's calling back," she says and hangs up. I stand there dumbfounded.
"Zeke chill out she's just a girl," I hear Four say and wipe around to glare at him.

"Call you back," he says when he sees me and hangs up.
"Look babe that came out wrong."
I roll my eyes and sit in my bed. I feel the bed sink beneath me and turn to him.

"What if they don't work out? Where does that leave us?" I ask.
"They'll work out," he says and grabs my hand,"The only problem is they're both to stubborn for their own good." At that I crack a smile and peck his lips.

"I love you," he says.
"I love you too," I say dragging the too along.
"You're so childish," he says sitting up straight.
"But you still love me," I say dragging the me.
"Stop it please," he says dragging the please.

I stand up and he follows.
"I shall see you at school," he says as he majestically jumps out the window onto the snow covered ground.

Four's POV

I hop in my window just to see CeCe standing her arms crossed and a pissed expression.
"If your mad at me for nocking out your "boyfriend" then go on and yell already," I say before she can talk.

"You did what!?" She screams.
"Don't worry he didn't end up in the hospital like the last guy who flirted with you."
"We're talking about that later, I want to talk about something else, about your love life," she says making sure I know that she knows something.

"What are you talking about?" She glares at me and uncrossed her arms as she yells, "You're dating Tris!" Shit shit shit shit!
"What are..."
"Shut up Tobias neither one of you need tutoring and you both disappear at the same time and there's pictures about you guys going on walks together! You really think I was that stupid not to figure it out? I can't believe you wouldn't tell your own sisters about it," she yells and walks out of the room.

"Wait CeCe!" I shout before running after her.
"You won't tell anybody right," I ask and she turns around. That's when I see tears in her eyes and my heart shatters into a million pieces.
"No Four, I won't tell anybody," she spits out saying every word like poison.