Chapter 24: Secret Letters

Tris POV

"DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID!" Amar shouts as he walks out the door. We roll our eyes as we watch them leave. Amar and Tori are going on a smaller vacation to Wisconsin to visit my grandma. My mom, Tori, and George all missed there mother cause their father passed a while ago, so they're all visiting along with their spouses.

Of course they left Four and I to watch the house and our parents knowing we don't get "along" trusted us. Amar and Tori on the other hand, they made sure we slept on different floors.

"Where's Leo the lion?" I ask.
"Amar dropped him off at a zoo for a little bit," Four comments getting coco puffs.
"IM COCO FOR COCO PUFFS!!!!" He screams and digs in.

"You're so weird," I comment.
"Bud you love ne," he says with his mouth full.
"Sadly," I comment and steal a coco puff.
"NO THATS MY PUFF!"
"I'm feeding the dogs!" I scream as I run upstairs.

I call his three dogs and soon I hear running paws. In comes Judah his German Shepard then Africa and Shadow his two wolf dogs.

I walk in Amar and Tori's room and dump all the food and watch as the dogs devour it. I sit on there comfy bed. I need to wait for the dogs to finish cause Amar doesn't want them in here alone.

Africa was done early and started sniffing around. I didn't think much of it until she was in their closet and I heard a crash.
"Africa!" I call and that gets the other dogs attention. I run in and see she nocked a box down.

"Out!" I scold and she trots out. I let the dogs out and go back to pick up the box. I notice a ton of books that fell out.
They're old and don't have a title. I open one up and see its kind of like a diary, it has sloppy handwriting but it's still readable.

Amar and Tori would kill me if they found out I was going through their stuff. I couldn't help but read the first page.

January 21, 1998

Today I got sent to the principals office again. I pulled a prank on Tori and spray painted her hair pink. It was so funny and worth it.

I immediately knew it was Amar's.

So yeah the only reason I'm writing this, if anyone besides me reads it, is because it's our English assignment. Apparently writing a journal helps your "inner feelings."

I laugh and can totally tell Amar would say that in a sarcastic voice.

I also found out I'm going to be an uncle.

Four

My brother who's six years older than me is having s kid. They literally got married like two weeks ago and she's already pregnant.

I start to laugh my head off considering how quickly Tori got pregnant.

I'm kinda of excited which is a pretty big deal for me. I hope Marvus doesn't hurt him though.

Why would Principle Eaton hurt Four? I quickly go onto the next log.

February 21, 1998

I just got $3,000 in a drag race. Yeah yeah yeah it's illegal but does it look like I give a damn? I got $1,000 extra cause it just snowed and all the roads are frozen over.