Chapter 30: Amazon Warriors

Marlene's POV
Oh my gosh I just kissed Uriah. It all happened so fast for a second I think it didn't. We were doing our normal routine at the gym, then we both went to get something to drink in the lobby, and he kissed me. I don't know why but I kissed back immediately.

I watch as he walks out not even giving me a second glance. I take a deep breathe and slowly turn around and head for the gym.

Uriah's POV

Crap I kissed Marlene and liked it. I liked it a lot! No, no, no, this can't be happening. First Zeke, then Four. I can't believe they still haven't told us! They're being pretty shitty friends.

"Wait? Where are they?" I say out loud.

Shauna's POV

"I thought it was Uriah who cut my hair in kindergarten!" I say slapping Zeke on the arm. That's when I get the call.

Amar's POV

All of them came. They also came with a lot of questions.
"How did she get taken?" Was the first question asked.
"I don't know I just found the writing on our window and I called Tris multiple times, she never picked up," I lie easily.

I know Christina is studying me to see if I'm lying when really it's no use. I've been trained so when that not even the best Candor could tell if I was lying, and she knows this.

"What do they want with her?" Shauna asks.
"And why Four also?" Marlene chimes in. I sigh and mentally answer, Evelyn wanted an army, and she'll stop at nothing to get you guys as her army.
"I don't know."

Four's POV

"Wie ist der Plan?" I asks.
(What's the plan in German)
We've been talking in multiple languages so they can't understand us from the cameras in here. I mean seriously they have their own control room!

"Ńi clue," Tris says in Irish.
(No clue)
"Devrions-nous sortir ou d'attendre d'être sauvé?" I asks in French.
(Should we escape or wait to be rescued?)

"Fugam," she says.
(Escape in Latin)

Marlene's POV

"I'm in position," I whisper in my ear piece.
Everyone should be in position now. Christina in the control room, Lynn in the middle of the base, and Shauna and I as guards to Four and Tris's guards.

The plan is in motion.

Tris POV

The plan is now in motion.

Four bangs on the door, "I have to pee!" He shouts. The guards open the door and lead us out. They walk swiftly and nimbly as if trained assassins or something.

Four was right about them having a gun, perfect. I swiftly pull the gun out of her belt and scream causing everyone to be quiet. I put the gun to my head as my heartbeat speeds up and my hands start to shake.

I take a deep breathe ready to shout my bargain when I recognize something. My guards hat, most Factionless would see it as an old baseball hat but there's something special about it. It's the exact same hat Marlene would wear everyday in sixth grade. We always called it her prepuberty hat because she realized how ugly it was once she went through puberty.

My guards slowly turn around. Marlene's and Shauna's eyes plead with mine.
"Shit," I say grimacing and then Evelyn emerges from the crowd.

Lynn's POV

I watch Shauna and Marlene lead Tris and Four to the bathroom. That's my cue. I walk to the other side of the building and suddenly the entire building goes quiet and I'm left wondering why. I pull out my gun and take a deep breathe getting ready to run.
"BOMB!" I shout and fire my gun.

Tris POV

"Tris shot herself!" I hear someone shout. What? That wasn't my gun. Evelyn turns around to look for the person who shouted that and soon everyone is running for cover. Before Evelyn can turn around again I'm yanked away by Marlene.

We sprint to the other end of the building.
"Open the gate!" A Factionless yells.
"What are you insane!?" Another shouts.
"There's a bomb in here we have to get out!" He shouts back.
"Open the gate!" A girl shouts and soon sunlight seeps into the old warehouse.

Streams of people run out, us included. We sprint to an old van and hop in where Lynn is already waiting.
"Where's Christina?" Marlene asks once we're in.
"Christina was here too?" Four asks.
"I sent her the signal to get out of there," Shauna adds.
"Out of where?" Four is even more confused.
"She should of been here before you," Marlene says to Lynn.

"Wh..." Four starts before Shauna slaps him.
"SHUT UP THATS NOT IMPORTANT!"

Marlene lifts a finger to her ear,"Where are you?" She asks speaking through it. Marlene's eyes scan the crowd.
"Why would they do that if they think there's a bomb?"
"She thinks that finding them is more important than their lives?" Marlene continues.
"Alright, we're coming in," she says and removes her finger from her ear.

"Evelyn's put the place on lockdown making sure the 'bomber' doesn't escape," Marlene says.
"So there is no..." Four starts again but Marlene quickly shushes him.
"FOR GOODNESS SAKE I DESERVE TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON!" He shouts causing us all to jump.

"Damn that was an Amar shout," Shauna squeaks.
"Ugh!" Lynn groans,"No you idiot there is no bomber and yes Christina was here, Amar sent us to rescue you guys and Christina was in the control room and even when she sent the signal she never came. Therefore WE HAVE TO SAVE HER!"
"Happy now?" Shauna grunts. Four rolls his eyes and looks at the crowd that's now thinning outside.

"You ready?" Lynn asks putting the key in the ignition.
"No let me drive," Four days climbing in the front.
"Why?" She says scooting over.
"Cause I've had my drivers license longer than you and Amar taught me some tricks from his drag racing days."

Lynn switches spots and we all hold on for dear life knowing that if Amar taught Four something from his drag racing days then we're all goners.
"Ready?" Four asks.
"No," we al say in unison just as he hits the gas petal.

He drives straight for the now closed door and smashes through it. People scream and run out of the way as he honks and goes to a screeching halt. There's a thud on the roof of the car and a tap on the window. I roll down the windows and Christina jumps in.

"Go! Go as fast as you can!" She shouts.
Four turns the wheel and sources out but once again slams on the brakes and then everything goes black.