Chapter 72: You're Perfect to Me

"Tris, c'mon," Four slurs into my ear, I've seen him drink but never so drunk that he actually looks like a dehydrated hippopotamus on drugs.
"Four get off me," I hiss as his arms snakes tightly around my waist, a firm grip making it almost impossible to escape.
"You know you look really hot tonight," he whispers soothingly in my ear and I supress myself from giving into his troubled ways but quickly push aside the idea and him as well.

"Four you need to go home. Now," I state firmly and he only pouts which would be immensely adorable if he didn't look like he was possessed by a tipsy demon.
"But babe.." he trails off as I glance at my phone for the time.
"WHO THE HELL IS WILL AND WHY IS HE TEXTING YOU?" Four's booming voice echoes through Eric's half full house, well half full of unconscious bodies while the rest, like Four, are about two beers from it.

"Four, Will is well, Will," I stare up at him in shock as his face contorts, "I just wanted to make sure Christina got home safe in the state she was in."
"Are you cheating on me?" his voice cracks and to my surprise his eyes become glossy, probably due to the alcohol in his system.
"What? Four no! It's three in the morning we have to go now before you get such a bad hangover you forget who I am," I growl and grab his arm to lead him out of the alcohol filled house that I almost got concerned I would get drunk just by breathing the air.

"Oh where are we going?" he growls seductively while gripping my waist and before I can respond his lips are on mine and moving sloppily. I feel something prick at my eye and quickly realize it's actually a tear, shoving him as hard as I can off of me he falls to the table behind us and crumbles into it.
"You know what? I can't deal with you right now!" I shout and in an instant I'm heading out the door, the October, or should I say November due to it being 3 a.m. on November 1st, air nips at my bare body like a wild animal.

The tights and shorts I wear soon provide little to know warmth as the heat that consumed me in the hot and stuffy house is soon robbed from my body in a mere minute. My feet crunch on the grass as I trail my fingers through my hair thinking of what I could do, there's no way in hell I'm leaving him like that here. I may be repulsed by him right now for shamelessly kissing me like that while he's so drunk but I can't just leave him for someone else to find.

Yanking out my phone my finger hovers over the call button, I know if I call him Four will die an untimely death to Amar's anger towards his recent drinking habits but I feel like I just can't go in and face Four. Pressure on my finger and the darkness around me tells me I turned my phone off as I huff and fall to the ground hugging my legs tightly to my chest.

Finally after almost dying of hypothermia, I find enough courage to storm back into Eric's steamy house and shove my way through drunk half dressed teens who look like they belong in a horror movie. To my surprise I find Four face down on the couch and I silently pray that he's unconscious and I only have to find out a way to drag his knocked out body into my car and then into his house.

That is until I get close to him and hear his loud antagonizing groans.
"Four?" I question and shake his shoulder lightly. He mumbles something incoherent into his pillow before whipping his red-eyed sagging face to look at me.
"I'm sorry," he whispers looking me straight in the eyes, his body sags and I almost expect him to faint. That's when for the first time in 4 hours he seems sober, sitting up with his shoulders hunched forward he pulls my face in close to his before pressing my lips so gently to mine that for a second I wonder if we even kissed. It feels light and almost felt like a butterfly had landed on my lips, but I of course knew it wasn't because butterflies don't taste like three bottles of Captain Jack unlike Four.

"What's wrong?" I whisper feeling my sentimental for him skyrocket at the sight of him.
"I made you sad," he whimpers and my eyes widen slightly.
"Four you..." I trail off not exactly knowing how to respond to him, he's upset because he made me upset? I guess I'd never really been incredibly upset with him like I am now, and I don't know if it's the lack of sleep or stress from all the things going on around me but I know I've been incredibly emotional tonight and he's not helping at all.
"I did though, I made you upset and you left," his voice is hoarse and it sounds like he'd just been screaming for hours.