Perfect:Chapter Three

Perfect

Chapter Three

There is a music video over there----->

I know its pretty gay, but I am a DIE HARD fan of the Beach Boys :)

LISTEN TO IT!!!!!

Beau

            I glanced over at the small clock on my beside table and realized I had been reading over Emma’s text messages for the past hour and a half. I also couldn’t get past the fact that I was extremely jealous at that the fact that Emma and Dean had finally taken the next step in their relationship. Dean and Emma had sex. Emma had finally given in to Dean and made love to him.  Every part of it made me want to call her and plead to her not to do it because I would give anything to be her first and only. I know Dean loves her, but honestly I think he is too stupid to realize how much work a marriage really is. I know that we were both practically the biggest players in school before he and Emma met but still, I have a hard time believing that Dean will give all of that up for a marriage with Emma. I mean, I may be wrong but I can’t see it.

            I pushed myself out of my bed, and then walked over to my dresser and picked out some boxers and then headed to shower. I have an hour to get dressed and get to the airport for our senior trip. Every part of me wanted to skip out, just so maybe I wouldn’t have to listen to Dean talk about his proposal for seven full days but I already paid my half so that means I have to go.

            I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel low on my hips and then walked back into my dark room where I shared my first kiss with Emma when we were seven years old. I looked around for a long moment realizing everything was different now. I lost the Spiderman comforter and sheet set and replaced it with a white down comforter. My twin sized bed was now a king, and all of my furniture was now dark wooden instead of that old iron shit my mother picked out for me when I was five. I moved over to the place I first pressed my lips onto hers and laughed. We had been playing truth or dare at my sleep over and Emma was the only girl that I would ever dare to invite at that time. I remember it perfectly; there were about six boys and Emma. Everything was completely clean until I had gotten an urge to kiss her and really see if she did have cooties like all the other boys said.

            That night I realized Emma did have cooties and I promised myself she would always just be my best friend. I kept that promise for a long time, but now…Now things are different. She wasn’t supposed to meet Dean and fall in love with him. She was supposed to keep chasing after me until I came to my senses. Now, after I have finally come to the terms that I want to be with her, she is off-limits because she is engaged to my other best friend. How could I have been so selfish all those years ago?

            I slowly buttoned up my white Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, and then tucked it easily into my dark, denim, Rockin Republic jeans and buttoned and zipped them up. I studied myself in the mirror realizing Dean would always be better than me to her. He has the blonde hair and blue eyes model look. Me, on the other hand, I am dark complected, with dark hair and blue eyes. I mean, I am not saying I’m not good looking but Dean just has ‘that’ look. You know, he is preppy and smart. The douche bag look. I laughed, as I slid my feet into my comfortable loafers and then reached down to grab my luggage. Before I walked down stairs, I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed my phone and dialed Dean’s number. I promised to wake them up.