Perfect: Chapter Twenty-Seven

Perfect

Chapter Twenty Seven

Emma

            We all stood there awkwardly; well, except for the black headed girl pressed up tightly to Beau’s stiff body. Her smile was wide and she showed off her perfectly pearly white teeth. Who in the hell is this girl? I hated to admit it, but she looked like she could be the next Miss America. She was simply beautiful. While the jealousy took over, I looked her over from head to toe. She wore a white dress that was slightly baggy up top but as my eyes fell towards her long, lean legs I saw that the material stretched tightly over her thighs and bottom. The specific type of dress would have never looked like that on me. I stood there short, in my loose fitted red dress that didn't show much skin. The kind of dress didnt leave much to be desired to any man; especially compared to hers. If I stood next to her, she would simply tower over me. She wore five inch heels; they were a pair that Bridgette would kill to have. I had to give it to her, she was tall, skinny and beautiful-exactly what Beau looks for in a woman. I took a deep breath while she flipped her hand through her long black hair to push it back so it was falling down her back. If I had to guess, she would be a bitch. She had the look down perfectly. Just like all of the beautiful girls I graduated with. They are all the same, I thought.

            I watched silently as she ran her hand over Beau’s covered chest, for a moment I thought he was going to push it away but he didn't. Actually, his body language softened and he pulled her closer. At that moment, a terrible pain shot throughout my body. However, I couldn’t really say anything.

            Then, I felt a hand fill mine and I looked over to Dean who was smiling wide as well. He cleared his throat and gently chuckled, “Well…” He hesitated, and looked over to Beau and the girl. “That was awkward.”

            A forced smile formed on my lips, while my heart pounded. I wanted to say something; anything would work but I couldn’t manage a work. For the most part, I stood there looking like the biggest idiot in New York City.

            Suddenly, Dean was pulling me towards Beau and the girl while still smiling. I looked up to Beau was looking at everything but me. Honestly, I felt like crying. Hell, crying would be better than standing here speechless.

            “I am so glad you guys came!” Dean said, excitedly while shaking Beau’s hand and then looking over to the girl who was still smiling with her stupid sensuality. I watched Dean as he looked her over and then looked to Beau, “When you said you had a date, I didn't actually think you would bring someone. A beautiful someone at that.” Dean said, while grabbing her hand and kissing it lightly and meeting her gaze. “Beau’s best friend, Dean and this is my amazing fiancée Emma.” He introduced the both of us, thankfully because I doubted that I could have made myself do it.

            She lightly laughed, while elegantly nodding her head. “I have heard so much about you guys. It’s great to meet you both, I am Neely.”