Perfect: Chapter Nine Pt. 2

Perfect

Chapter Nine Pt. 2

Emma

            As I sunk down into the cab, I didn't want to look over at Beau who was climbing in beside me. His blue eyes were different, and his hair was still dripping wet from the amazing day we had just had but I couldn’t help but feel ashamed for the kiss we had just shared.

            Since the time we had kissed and now, my heart still hadn’t slowed down any. It was pounding so hard that it hurt.

            I had cheated on Dean with his best friend.  

          I could feel the tears welling up in the back of my eyes, as I kept my gaze focused on my empty hands that lay in my lap. I couldn’t bear to look up at him, because I didn't want to know what he was thinking. How could I have given into him that easily?

            As I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall, I glance up at Beau who was staring out of the window. I took a deep breath, and then looked away from him. Kissing him was something that I had always wanted to happen, but now that it had, I regret it. Only because I have a fiancé, and I know that it’s all a joke to him.

            What in the hell am I going to do now? A slight tear rolled down my cheek, and I gently wiped it away. I had been so scared about the thought that Dean was cheating on me, but I had just cheated on him. I am terrible, I told myself. I can’t believe I wanted to know what it was like to kiss Beau so badly, that I cheated on Dean.

            Suddenly, I felt nauseous at what I had done as I looked over to him again. I sighed deeply, “That shouldn’t have happened.” I said, with a small, hoarse voice.

            He nodded, and then weakly smiled. “I am sorry Emma. I don’t know what I was thinking…” He said, as he looked up at me with the same intense look that I had gotten earlier. “…It just seemed so perfect.”

            I shook my head, as I held a deep breath in. “No…” I choked out. “…It wasn’t perfect. It should have been avoided.” I blurted out, knowing that it was I lie.

            The fact is that I have never felt something so sweet touch my lips. Also, I have never yearned for Dean to keep going when we get that far. With Beau, I didn't want him to stop. Just thinking about the feeling of his lips on mine sent shivers throughout my body and I hate it.

            As I looked into his eyes, something changed. He finally looked at me with a small smile, “You are right Emmy. I am sorry; please don’t be weird around me now. I can’t take you acting weird like this.” His voice sounded like a plea, because he knew how I would act. I knew how I would act.