Perfect: Chapter Nineteen

Perfect

Chapter Nineteen

Beau

            My eyes fluttered open as I heard the opening and closing of doors. I looked over to Emma to see her sleeping soundly, she was so beautiful that I almost forgot to actually get up and check everything out. However, I knew Mandy was probably awake and looking for me. I easily pushed myself up from the bed, grabbed my boxers and slipped them on quietly. I didn't want to wake her up; I knew she probably needed her rest since I had kept her up all morning. When I walked out of the guestroom, I could hear Lizzy’s voice from down stairs.

            When I made it down the stairs, I saw Lizzy sitting on the counter eating a bowl of cereal and Mandy leaning up against the counter with a smug look on her face.

            She scoffed for a moment, and then looked over to me. “Sure is nice to see you this morning.”

            I sighed, as looked over to Lizzy. Her eyes were set on Mandy, and were wide. “Umm, I think this is my time to scat.” She said, while jumping off the counter. “…I’ll see you later, big bro?”

            I glanced at her and nodded, “You better be home straight after work.” I murmured.

            Lizzy completely ignored me, and before I could get anything else out of my mouth Mandy was looking over at me with a death expression. “I really hope you know what you’re doing.” She murmured, while taking a sip of her coffee.

            I grabbed a cup and poured me a glass as well, ignoring her.

            She moved closer while I kept my eyes on the pouring coffee. Her hand gently slid over my shoulder and I flinched. I guess you could say it felt different; it was nothing like Emma’s soft touch. “What are you talking about Mandy?”

            She giggled a little bit, “Come on Beau, do you honestly think she was quiet enough to let everyone sleep this morning? I think we all know you can turn any woman into a screamer.”

            My eyes lifted to her piercing gaze and I smirked, “Okay, so I can make a woman scream. What’s the point?”

            Mandy rolled her eyes, “You know my point Beau and what you are doing is wrong! How could you do that to Emma? Poor girl!” She murmured.

            My heart beat almost stopped as I looked to Mandy with a pale face, “How did you find out?”