Chapter 15

Updates: Mondays & Fridays! :)

--Chapter 15--

"Mind setting the salad on the table, dear?" Mom handed me the cold bowl as I placed it on the only opened space left on the dining table.

The table was finally ready for dinner. But throughout the whole entire time of investing in helping my mom out for dinner, I was worried of what my dad and Harry could be talking about. To my luck, my dad could be scolding him or giving him dirty looks for whatever reason he decided to. It really wasn't something I wanted and I couldn't tell until I actually made my way back to the sofa, realizing that they both actually had a smile visible on their faces.

I tuned in to their conversation, finding that they'd been talking about cars; something I never seem to have much interest or understanding in. I brought myself to finally disturb their conversing as both of them eventually looked up at me, Harry giving me one of his annoyingly alluring smiles.

"Dinner's ready." I advised them.

They both stood up, walking behind me as I led them to the table and sat down. We eventually began dinner. Harry sat beside me while my parents sat in front of us.

"So Harry, where you from?" Dad asked. I turned to Harry, already knowing the answer since I've asked him before.

"Cheshire, England." He answered.

"What do you plan on doing when you're older? What college are you going to?" He rushed. It was safe enough to say that I felt embarrassed on how he was being a little bit investigative as he showered Harry in these unnecessary questions.

Harry smirked, swallowing his food down before he began to talk. "I'm not really sure on what I want to do,"

My dad signified an obvious let-down in his face. But honestly, I don't even know what I'm doing so I really don't even find his answer that bad. "How's your family?" He continued.

As soon as Harry's smile faded, I knew it was a question that shouldn't of been asked. But if it shouldn't of been asked, why was it so bad? He told me he moved here with his family.

"Um well," He stuttered.

"Never mind that Harry, you don't have to tell us." Dad butted-in. I'm sure he realized Harry's uncomfortable facial expression as well as I did, and it didn't look too pleasant. At least Harry flashed a quick smile in agreement.

"How's the Spaghetti, Harry?" Mom asked distractingly as she smiled.

"It's great."

"Would you like some garlic bread?" She insisted, passing him the plate of bread. He didn't grab it, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"I don't like garlic bread," I'm not too much of a fan of garlic bread either.

"You know, I should really stop making these garlic breads. No one eats them besides me." Mom informed Harry, seemingly as if she was mentally noting herself.

Afterwords, we finished dinner. I helped mom put all the dishes into the sink as Harry offered to help as well, which is totally kind of him. He made a great unexpected impression on my parents today; my mom, more than my dad. But they still pretty much liked him a lot.

He grabbed his stuff, ready so he can leave, "Nice to meet you both Mr. and Mrs. Osario." He nicely told them as my mom dried her hands with a napkin and hugged Harry. Dad only shook his hand and smiled as they both said 'bye' at the same time.

"I'll be outside," I advised my parents, closing the door behind me as they nodded in agreement. It wasn't too late yet, maybe eight twenty or so. I sat on the second step of my house steps as Harry did too, setting his book bag aside as he leaned back and steadied himself comfortably on his elbows.