Chapter 37

UPDATES: WEDNESDAYS!

--Chapter 37--

 (Melissa’s POV)

“Harry?” I could already tell he hung up. I placed the phone between my lap and looked at my side mirror, realizing that Joey’s dad really had got out of the car and started walking towards mine and Harry’s direction. I watched as he kept walking, and noticed when he passed by Harry's car, making eye contact with me through my mirror. Shit, he’s coming to my car. Should I lock the doors, or…

I dawdled around, unsure of what to do until there were two knocks on my window. I gasped slightly, turning to the window and seeing Joey’s dad signal me to lower down the window. I hesitated before my finger reached the button, wanting to only open a small creek, but that’d be rude. What could he even want, anyways?

“How are you, Melissa?” His smile didn’t fool me. I knew more than what he was portraying.

I only smiled, finding it awkward to speak to the dad of my used-to-be “bestfriend”. “Good.”

“This is quite some traffic, don’t ya’ think?” He looked ahead, towards the crowd of cars that were now comfortable on the road. It’s crazy how we haven’t moved at all over the last fifteen minutes. “I just wanted to address a couple things while we’re here for who-knows how long.” My heart rate sped up a little. Now I’m suspicious.

I bit my lip, still finding it weird how he’s talking to me outside of my car, on a highway filled with cars that were frustrated with the traffic.

“You don’t have to pretend, Melissa.” He’s not seriously talking about…

“I know that you and Joey are secretly going out.”

What?

My facial expression clearly showed complete confusion. How could he think that? Joey and I barely hang out, in fact we’re not even friends anymore, and he takes the idea of us going out from all of this? I choked on the air, uncertain of what to say. “Um, Joey and I aren’t… anything.” Does Joey even talk to his dad, or does he just let him assume anything?

“Listen, I already don’t get any answers from my son, so I’d appreciate it if you’d do the opposite and be faithful.” He rose his eyebrows. “The night that I came home and you were in my house, I realized that the window was open. The window wasn’t open when I left, so I’m pretty sure that it happened after I left. I asked Joey how’d you get in and he told me that you said that “I probably left the front door unlocked” and that’s how you got in.” That was the night that I saw his little vampire layer.

Does that exactly mean that Joey and I are going out, though? He must be the over-paranoid type of dad. Because so what if the window was open, that doesn’t mean anything. “Mr. Casanova, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I tapped on the steering wheel, praying that the traffic will go by faster.

“Alright.” He exhaled. I kind of hoped that he would let it go, but I was much smarter than that. “Then it’s either that or you came into my house without any permission.” He leaned more inside my window, his face getting more emotionless. “I know you entered my room. You should of been more careful placing the book back correctly, because I notice everything.” He whispered in a serious tone. “Did you find what you were looking for?”