Chapter 35

Next update: Wednesday!

--Chapter 35--

"Ms. Osario, please take a seat." The teacher instructed me. I was still standing at the door, debating what I should do. Harry's and Joey's eyes were on me and it was the most awkward moment ever. They must've gotten detention for the disruption between classes last week. The same day I got the detention.

I walked passed Joey awkwardly, making my way to the desk behind Harry. I sat down, the lady's eyes on me the entire time. She looked like the strict, desperate type of teacher. I waited until she focussed back on her magazine, only to poke Harry on his back.

"Harry,"

I was careful to be completely quiet. But her eyes shot instantly towards my direction as soon as she heard me. "No talking." She spoke directly to me.

I sat back on the chair, frustrated that I couldn't say anything. I tapped on my desk repeatedly with the pads of my fingers. My fingernails weren't so long that you'd actually hear the clicking.

I stared up at the clock every thirty seconds, disappointed every time because of the time going by so slow. At least I can say that the tension in the room isn't as awkward since everything is already supposed to be quiet.

After a while, the teacher's phone went off, interrupting the unwanted silence in the room which made it sort of exciting. She dropped the magazine on top of her desk before looking at the screen of her flip phone and widening her eyes.

"Oh my god." She whispered to herself, flipping her phone open in no hesitation and holding it to her ear. "Hey Greg! How are you?"

It's weird how teachers actually have personal lives.

"No, no, I'm not getting excited. I know you're not going to take me back but..." She looked up, realizing that her conversation was completely audible to us before standing up and heading towards the door, looking back at us quickly. "Excuse me. No talking whatsoever!"

The door closed and there was no movement in the class, besides Joey's attempt to take out his iPhone and beats from his book bag. I watched him, making sure he started his music before I said anything to Harry.

As soon as I heard the music thumping through the beats, I poked Harry's back. "Harry, where's Olivia?"

He turned around, finally facing me. "At home with Jade and Aiden."

"Did she get something to drink?" I was so worried for her.

"I don't think we should talk about this here." He flicked his head towards Joey, who was jamming to his music. I guess Harry's right, it's not the best thing to ask when the vampire hunter's son is in the same room.

I sighed, not knowing how I would tell him about the necklace. I feel like I'm going crazy or something. How can I just dream about something then experience it the next day?

"I have to tell you something, because I think there's something really weird going on." I felt my heart start to pace faster.

"Well, we've all figured that out for a while now." -Note his sarcasm.

I felt frustrated and confused on how to explain. "No, I mean... This morning- or last night, whatever, I had a nightmare that scared the hell out of me last night." I chuckled humorlessly. Nothing was actually funny. "I didn't know what it was supposed to mean until today..."

"What was it about?" He interrupted.

I took a breath, ready to exhale my whole dream out in a bunch of words. "I was here after school, and I was just about to leave but I kept hearing noises and turned around to see. No one else was in the hallway with me, but then there was this necklace on the floor so I picked it up. As soon as I did, someone began to choke me from the back. I didn't know who, I didn't see. I just woke up freaking out." I almost ran out of breath. I hated describing the nightmare because I remember every part of it. I can even feel the ice cold hands wrapping around my neck, it's terrifying.

"I tried to forget it, but I was still basically traumatized and paranoid. But then, I was coming over here and everything that happened in my dream seemed so similar. I heard the noises and everything. My heart was pulsing because of my paranoia, and as soon as I started walking here, I saw the same necklace on the floor." I continued, bringing my hand down to my pocket and ready to show him the necklace.

I pulled it out, holding it in front of him as he frowned in curiosity. "I brought it, but I'm scared that I wasn't supposed to. It definitely means something." I assured him.

He took it from my hands, looking at it carefully. "This is the necklace?" He looked back up at me, his eyes locking in the confusion. I nodded, unsure what to say before he continued further. "Are you sure this was in school and in your dream?" I knew that now he was in disbelief.

I nodded again. I'm positively sure about all these questions. He seems a little bit more thrown-off than I intended to have him.

He placed the necklace on top of the desk, distancing it from him. "I can't believe it." I heard him say under his breath as his hands came up to run their fingers through his hair in distress.

"What's wrong?" I managed to choke out.

He gulped, looking down at the necklace and unable to detach his eyes from it. "This is Gemma's necklace."

"What? Your sister?" I asked out in a rush. How can it be his sister's necklace? I've never met her once. Why would it be her's anyways? Not to be mean or rude, but she's dead. There could be a thousand of the same necklaces.

He reached for the necklace, showing me the word on it. "It says Gemma on it." His voice sounded exasperated.

But how could this happen? "Are you sure it's her's?"

"I'm positive. Dimitri gave it to her on her fourteenth birthday and she never wore it."

What are the chances the necklace would have her name? It could of had any other name, but it had to be his sister's name. I guess it really is hers.

What's even scarier is that Dimitri somehow know's who I am and he's definitely here, wanting something from Harry. .

The sound of the door handle pulled our attention towards it as the teacher walked in, a smile on her face.

"You guys are dismissed."

_____________________

A/N: Q#idk: What's your favorite ice cream?? :P