Chapter 28

--Chapter 28--

It was an awkward ride home. I was pressed against the window trying to keep quiet and not say anything, the only sound was the air conditioner in the car. After waiting around for an ambulance and watching all the people go crazy crying and hectically freaking out, I decided to tell Harry to take me home.

I'm not sure whether to be angry, confused, or what. One of my friends was definitely just killed by a vampire and I still don't know how to process that.

"Please say something." I felt Harry turn towards me from looking ahead at the road. I stood quiet, not sure if I was avoiding all means in talking or just unable to get any words out.

"You don't think I had anything to do with what just happened, do you?" His voice was questionably hopeful. Of course I'd be crazy to think it was him, I was with him the entire time. It just never makes sense.

"You do." He said quietly, turning back towards the road. "I don't know what happened either," He added, assuring me.

I broke my silence with a huge sigh before putting my hands on my lap and still looking out of the window. "Harry, are you sure there aren't any more vampires besides you guys around here?" I knew the answer was yes, I just didn't want to believe it.

"I don't know who, but that's what Aiden and Jade think as well." He spoke lowly. I'm guessing he was planning on keeping this from me longer than he expected.

I exhaled a breath, shifting in my seat as I realized that we had just entered my neighborhood.

"So, what's going to happen? Are they going to kill everyone around here now?" My tone came off sarcastic, but what was crazy was that the statement was an actual possibility.

He pulled up on my driveway, setting the car on park as I unbuckled my seatbelt and waited until he answered my question.

"I won't let anything happen to you."

••

I got out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my body and walking back to my room to change. I'm pretty sure everyone is still in shock on what happened last night, it's crazy. I haven't talked to Harry since last night, not that it'll make me feel any safer.

I walked down the stairs and saw my mom in her hospital uniform. She would always get out at six, but right now it was seven and I guess she just got ready. "Where are you going?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, I have a late shift tonight at the hospital." She pursed her lips, chewing the gum in her mouth silently as she grabbed her keys off the table. Well, then this means I'm going to spend the night alone. I dried my hair with the towel, making sure it wasn't dripping wet anymore.

"You know, everyone is going insane at the hospital lately. Especially because of all those deaths. Last night a girl was almost killed the same way as the others, but luckily survived. She's still at the hospital," she added, raising her eyebrows. That definitely rung a bell.

"Wait, Olivia Justice?" I asked curiously, knowing well that she was the only death that happened last night around here. My hands were on my hips as I waited for an answer.

She licked her lips. "Yes. You know her?"

"She's my friend, I was at the party when she was attacked. I didn't know she survived?" I really hope that's true. It would be a miracle if she's alive. Everyone's still going crazy about that attack last night.

"She did, thank god. She's only 16. It'd be another tragedy in this town." Mom informed me. Olivia is just a year younger than me, so it sucks hearing about this. I'm just glad she's alive... I hope.