Chapter 24

--Chapter 24--

My eyes widened up at his confused facial expressions, stumbling across the words I should say. I gulped down the dryness in my throat. "I... I came to talk."

"Talk? About what?" He was probably just as surprised as I was. I hadn't even known those words came out until I actually heard them. He quickly formed a more awakened and concerned look.

"Um, I've missed talking to you and I just want to talk like we used to." I improvised. Honestly, I wasn't really ready to have a talk with him like this. I wasn't expecting this for a while, but what am I suppose to say? The truth will just ruin everything.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, uh, I'm fine." I exhaled, crossing my arms comfortingly as I sat down on one of the sofas and glanced over at the wide open window that he still hasn't noticed. Shit.

"Cool. Do you have any idea where my dad might be?" He furrowed his eyebrows, sitting directly across from me.

I do have an idea. He is obviously out hunting vampires like every other night, right?

"I don't know." I lied, staring back over at the area with a puddle of glass. "I'm really sorry about the vase."

"Don't worry, it's not worth much. Just a decoration. We barely notice it's there." He shrugged.

"I'm just really clumsy. That really wasn't suppose to happen."

"How'd you get in?" He asked curiously. This was a question that I hoped wouldn't be brought up, but just like the rest of my perfect luck so far, it was.

"I guess your dad left the door unlocked when he left. I just got in just before knocking the vase. I was about to make my way upstairs, but I didn't know you were sleeping. I'm sorry, If you want- I'll go. We'll talk tomorrow."

"It's fine. We can talk now. What do you want to talk about?" He sounded interested. That wasn't what I was aiming for.

I wonder if Harry knows what's going on. If he can hear how stupid I was for getting caught. I looked back at Joey, feeling like as if it would get even more awkward than it has been after I say what I didn't think I'd have bring up today.

"I'm sorry about what happened. You're a great friend, and I haven't been there for you these past couple of weeks." I sighed, attempting to avoid long eye contact. As to the fact that I can't stare at someone in the eyes for a long period of time, or I start to feel really uncomfortable. It's weird, because I tense up and shift, trying my best not to show it. But I fail and humiliate myself.

"It's no big deal. I was sort of a dick too." He said carelessly. I'm happy and relieved that this wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be.

"How's your leg?"

He looked down at his leg, tilting it to the side. "I've gotten used to the crutches by now."

"I would say 'that's good' but it's not really." I chuckled. "It's better."

"Yeah," he smiled. "Are you sure you don't want like a glass of water or anything?"

I change my mind. "Sure, it wouldn't hurt."

He stood up and headed towards the kitchen, limping his way there as if he's gotten used to hanging around his house without his crutches. I looked over towards the coffee table set in front of the couch I was sat on, seeing a picture frame of three people. I saw it before when I came ere, but I never paid much attention to it.

It was his dad, him, and a lady next to him who looked an awful lot like Joey. It was obviously his mother. "Is this your mom?"

I heard the refrigerator door close as his familiar footsteps became audible while he walked back towards the sofa. I looked up to see a glass of water in his right hand. "Yeah, she is."