Chapter 19

Updates: Mondays & Fridays! :)

--Chapter 19--

This past week has been such a bore. Nina and I have started to talk again in school, but not like we used to. Joey is still a question when he comes up in my head. Nina has only been the one hanging out with him, and I'm trying to stay away from him just because I know of Nina's feelings for him. I know that after a while, he'll get over me and see who really is the one who wants him. Well- I hope so. It really hasn't been working since the seventh grade.

I've been sitting with Olivia at lunch lately. She's pretty cool and nice, but she's a big party girl of course. She hangs out a lot with her cousin and her friends who I've never considered hanging out with. But over all, she's a pretty good excuse to avoid Harry in chemistry.

I haven't talked to him since last week, and he sure as hell hasn't talked to me either. But I bet that he secretly hopes that I've been thinking about it. Which I have, and I haven't told anyone either- which is weird. Usually I would be as scared out of my mind that I would just go run off to the police or tell my parents, just so I can feel safe again. But strangely, that's not my intention this time.

As much as I wouldn't like to admit it, I don't want Harry to get killed. Screw it- I don't want him to get hurt at all. I've realized that he's been around me quite a lot that he could of easily hurt me then. There must be a reason he hasn't tried yet.

It's so hard sitting next to him when he's my partner. Good thing we haven't had any partner activities this week, which is good and bad. Good- because I don't have to talk to Harry. Bad- because besides experiments, it's just tons of more writing and tests.

I sat in my car as I started my engine, ready to drive off to the Harling Springs Hospital. I told my mom that I would volunteer today. She's been asking me for a while now, if I'd like to help out. And I think it would be rude to straight up say no, even if I don't get paid.

After I finish helping out at the hospital, I have to make my way to school. It sucks, but I was the only one in my yearbook class who agreed to sell the yearbooks tonight at the school festival. I have to sell cotton candy and then switch over to the yearbook shift. Even though I wasn't really looking forward to it, I had to be there by six.

I arrived at the hospital, parking it far away from the entrance since there were no available lots up front. I walked into the building as I realized it smelled like waxy floors and paint. This is also why I hate hospitals.

I spotted my mom right away as I saw her exiting the cafeteria and walk towards me with a smile spread across her face. "Hi honey, the uniform you need to wear is up on the next floor, so we need to go in the elevator." She told me as we headed towards the elevator.

I really hope it's not the uniform that the workers here have to wear, I would look like a middle-aged woman.

She turned the knob to a room filled with boxes and laundry as she walked inside and grabbed a folded pair that was already on the counter, like as if she had set it there earlier.

She handed me the plain blue uniform. It was exactly like the one she was wearing- which I really didn't like. The pants were baggy and long at the bottom, whilst the shirt was just as baggy. I knew it wasn't my size, but it'll have to do.

I put it on, feeling like my mom. She told me what to do over the next five minutes, and I caught on. I went from room to room serving the patients what they needed. As expected, most of them were elderly. They were so nice, but I really don't like to be around them much because I always feel sorry for them for some reason.

"There you go, ma'am." I chimed to the nice elderly lady that awaited on her bed for the cold glass of water I held in my hands. I gave it to her shaky hands as she smiled at me.