11

Rima

I rolled over in my bed and yawned. Then I raised up and look around the room. I didn't see anyone and suddenly I smelled bacon. I got up and stretch. I walk out the room and over to the bathroom with my head down. As I was walking I bump into someone and I said my bad.

"Yo bad," I stop and turned to mom. "Sorry mom I just woke up and I wasn't paying attention to you." She look me up and down, "You good, and breakfast ready." "Ok," She walk back down stairs like everything was perfectly fine.

For some reason when Karen visit, mom tries her best to impress her sister. I don't know why, but she do and then she be home all the time. Its a shame that you only come home for your sister and not your kids. I shook my head and walk on into the bathroom. I handle my personal hygiene and stared in the mirror.

My long hair hung down past my shoulder. I always loved my hair, but one day I will cut it. Mainly because it gets annoying especially in the summer. "Girl is you coming because we hungry in here." My mom scream coming through the door. "Dang mom what if I was naked." She scrunch her face up, "Motherfucker I don't want you."

I rolled my eyes and finished pulling my hair up into a messy bun. "You ready." "Yea," I mumbled walking past her down out the bathroom. We walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where everyone else at. "Morning everyone." They all said morning back. "Morning mommy," Kiera said drinking out the small cup. "Morning baby," I said kissing her cheek.

We all grab a plate and started filling it up with food. "Dana you cook all this," she shook her head as she ate a piece of her waffle. "I did," mom said cheerfully. I nodded and continued fixing Kiera plate. One thing about mom is that she can throw down in the kitchen. She loves to cook and can cook anything you could think of.

We all sat down and said grace after that we started eating. "How y'all grades look?" Karen said not looking up from her plate. "Mines are great except for math. I have a C in there," Dana said in a sad voice. "Baby its ok, I had that same problem in school. At least you have a C I had a D," Karen said causing us to laugh then she look over at me.

"Rima?" "My grades are excellent." She nodded and continued eating. I then heard footsteps and everyone look towards the kitchen entrance, and dad walk through looking fine as hell. He had all white and black on, and the hat I got him 4 years ago. I surprised that he still has it. "Morning daddy." Me and Dana sang, but we quickly stop looking at each other.

I broke the gaze we shared and look back over at Jason, "Morning ladies." He said not looking at me or Dana. He walk over and gave Kiera and mom a kiss on the cheek. "Karen," He said walking right past her. "Jason," He kept walking to into the living room. "Bastard," Karen mumbled and I felt mad all over again. Every since she said that stuff about him last night I've been feeling some type of way.

I was gonna say something but surprisingly Dana beat me to it. She was mad as hell and I couldn't blame her. Dad loves us to death and we do too, so don't talk shit about him and expect us not to say anything. "Do you girls love the food," mom said with a fake ass smile. "Yes of course." Dana said eating her cheese grits. I gave mom the thumbs up.

20 minutes later everyone was finish eating. We talk and laugh and it really felt good. Mom was no problem so that's all that I need to have a good breakfast. Jason came back in and washed his plate out. "Well I'm going to be leaving soon, do y'all need anything?" Jason said drying his hands off on the kitchen towel. "No we're good," Karen said quick.

He drop his head and started laughing. Dana excused her self and rushed up stairs. He look over at me and wink, then he walk out the kitchen and back up stairs. I smiled a little to myself then I look over, and saw mom and Karen whispering. "I'm almost 18 whatever you trying to say I can handle." Karen waved me off, "You must think your grown." I nodded.