13

Dana

Mr. Beau'Cannon rushed over to him, "What's wrong doctor why you call me?" The man sighed, "I'm sorry but it gotten worse and your son Jayce went into a coma." I was shock as hell at the news we received from the doctor. I must admit that I was kinda happy because at first I thought he died.

A girl that look kinda like him started crying. I assume she must be his sister Kim that Rima told me about. Kim was holding onto Darnell as he help her to a chair, and he look like he could break at any given moment.

"D-Dana," I turned my head to Rima holding her arms out. I brought her into a tight hug, "Shhh shhh, don't say nothing." I said to her as she tried to speak. She nodded and rest her head in the crook of my neck. She sniffled a little, and I soon found my self tearing up a little. That's one thing that can make me cry and that's seeing someone else cry.

"When will he be out of this coma," Ms. Welton said softly. The doctor sighed, "We have to wait and see where this goes. You can go and see him and talk to him because he can still hear you, but there's nothing that we could do now." I held on to Rima as I felt her drop a little, "Come on Rima we have to get you home."

She shook her, "No, he needs me here." I look over at Mr. Beau'Cannon and he motion for me to go. "Doctor is he in the same room," he nodded and I help Rima down to his room. We stop right in front of his door and she hesitantly open the door. She breathe in then out before walking in.

We walk into the white looking room, and we turned our heads to the right. Which is where he laid in his bed. He was hook up to a lot of machines and it was hurting me to see him like this. I then thought back to how me and him was at his father's house party. He was so happy and was having fun, and to see him laying here like this hurts.

I quickly shook the thoughts from my head as I help Rima over to him. "Jaayy," She sang softly as the tears slid down her cheeks. I turned my head as I felt my body shake a little. "Jay I'm so sorry, please wake up for me." She held on to his arm and got down on one knee. "Dana pray with me," I nodded and sniffled going over to the bed by her.

"God please help my friend Jay. I know we just met, but it is killing me to see him like this. The worst part about this is that I feel responsible. God I know I don't come to you a lot, and I am truly sorry, but it will make me feel so much better if Jay gets well soon. Please help him get out of this coma soon because he is too young to go like this. In Jesus name, Amen."

We both held onto each other hands and stared at Jay's face. Even through he had scars and scratches on his face he still look fine. I look over at Rima and she was rocking from side to side. That's what she do whenever she is going to fight or cry. "Rim-" She cut me off by putting up her hand.

"I'm ok I j-just need to go home and get some rest." I nodded as I help her out the room. "May we please get a ride," I said. "NO!! CAN'T YOU SEE WE ALL STRESSED." Toya screamed walking over to me. I glared at her and continued walking down the hall. "Toya please don't be rude," Mr. Beau'Cannon said. Toya huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Darnell would you please take these young ladies home," Mr. Beau'Cannon said rubbing his bald head in frustration. I look towards Darnell and he look like he wasn't in no shape to drive, but he still nodded.

We all walk out the hospital with our head hung low. Once we was in the car Rima instantly went to sleep on the back seat. Darnell was quiet the whole time. I didn't know what to say so I leaned back and put my head phones in, and started listening to gospel music. It always cheer me up listening to Tamela Mann. I drift off into a little nap.

40 minutes later

I open my eyes and saw Darnell walking down a street. He was walking for a while until he turned into someone yard. I furrowed my eyebrows and look around the car. I saw this girl with some red hair staring me down while she was on the phone. Then she had the nerve to talk shit, "Bitch who you is?"