15

Rima

"Mommy grandma made breakfast," I open my eyes and saw Kiera pulling my leg out of the bed. I rolled my eyes and turned on my side. "Ok go eat." I heard her little footsteps run out the room and the door closed.

"UUUGGGHH!!"I screamed in frustration. I dreamt about Jay all night. I slept for only two hours and stayed up the rest of the night. I don't know why all of a sudden I'm so concerned about the dude. Maybe its because he is in a coma and stuff, but I feel like it something else.

I tried to push everything out of my mind and force myself out the bed. I got up quick, but found myself falling back down. "Shit," I mumbled. I rub my eyes and stretch, then I got up successfully. I felt like a long hot shower would make me feel better. So I went to find some shorts and a sports bra.

I walk into the bathroom and sat my cloths on the hamper. I turned the water on watching the steam rise up. I strip out my cloths taking my time getting in. Once I felt the nice hot water running all over my body I knew then that this is what I needed.

30 minutes later

I slowly walk out the bathroom and down the stairs. "Mommy," Kiera yelled from the living room. I turned to see her waving at me, but I couldn't wave back because of the sight I seen. I saw my mom holding her in her lap, and she had her arms around her. They was acting like they was best friends. I guess she notice my expression because she started laughing.

"What so funny." "You," Kiera got up and gave me hug and return to her grandma's lap. I still had a puzzled look on my face. "Mom wha-" "Baby get up so me and mommy can talk." Kiera nodded and slid off her onto the couch. Mom walk towards the kitchen and I trailed behind her. She instantly started making me a plate so I can have breakfast.

"What the hell did you do now," She quickly turn around with a scowl on her. She closed her eyes and open them, "Nothing. I'm just trying to make peace." I started laughing at her which made her frown. I didn't care because she was the one who gave me hell, and now she expect me to forgive and forget. "What's so funny," She said in an annoyed voice. "You." I mock.

I went and sat at the table and she sat beside me. "But for real mom what do you want. You aint nice, nice not even in your vocabulary." She sighed and nodded. There was complete silence between us as we avoid eye contact.

"I thought about everything Rima, and I do mean everything. I feel so stupid for what I did to you and Dana. I wish I can start over so I can prove how bad I feel, but I can't so the only thing I can do is be a mother and grandmother." She said with pleading eyes. I wanted to laugh in her face because she must think I'm stupid."I think yo ass a little to late to be a mother for me, but you can be a grandma to Kiera if you want," and with that I got up and left.

I went up stairs to my room and found something comfortable to wear. I need to find a job so I can move the hell out. I want a three bedroom apartment, so I can have Dana and my baby with me. I know it gon take a while but I really need to do this.

As I finish putting my clothes on I heard the front door open and close. Then footsteps running up the stairs to a room. By the sound of it I can tell it was Dana. I smiled because I wanna talk to her about moving out. I'll be 18 in three more months and Kiera is gonna be five years old in five more months.

I walk outside my room, and saw Jason walking up the stairs slowly with his head down. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's wrong with you." He didn't say nun as he walk into his room and closed the door. I shook my head because you never know what to expect from this man.

Before I can knock on the door I heard her sniffling and sad songs playing. I hope she wasn't crying because I don't mind going to jail for a while. "Dana," I yelled as I beat on the door.