24

Laqueta

We park in the parking lot and waited for a minute. "I don't want you causing no scene," Jason said to me and I look at him like he was crazy. "Until you ready to talk don't say shit to me."

I got out and slammed the door. Since he can't tell me anything I'm going to go talk to Dana, and see how do she feel about his strang behavior.

I walk behind the hospital and towards the little sitting area. Marshall said to meet him there with Meagan. I look back and saw Jason keeping his distance. I rolled my eyes as I turned the corner, and there she was.

Her eyes was puffy and red. She was so busy talking to Marshall that she didn't see me standing there. Marshall look up and gave me a little smile. That's the first smile he gave me in years. "Laqueta Jackson."

Meagan stop crying and turned her head. Once she saw me she gasped a little as she slowly got up from her seat. I held my head up high. "Meagan." She wiped her face one more time and nodded. "Yep that's me"

I stared at her for awhile, and I must admit she still look beautiful she just aged a little. I felt someone behind me and saw that it was Jason. I quickly look back at Meagan. "So I have some questions for you." She furrowed her eyebrows, "What question could you have for me."

"Why did you call my house asking for my husband." "I saw him the other day and we talk. I ask him could he at least see his daughter, and he said he would think about it. When he left I forgot to get his number so I got a phone book and I look for y'all house number." She answered looking me straight in the eyes.

I look over at Jason and he nodded. "I thought you said you don't know why she was calling." "I didnt think she would call me asking about that." I look at him like he was stupid, and turned my attention back to Meagan.

"Why have you been associating with a girl name Dana." She furrowed her eyebrows a little then her eyes widen, "Ooo I know who your talking about. That girl who is 16 and pregnant right."

I nodded, "I met her one day at the hospital while I was helping a friend at the desk, and Dana came in to see a doctor. Why are you asking me about her." I shook my head, "No reason I was just curious."

"Well is that it," I look down. "For now." She sighed and turned towards Jason, "Please come see your daughter she been asking about you every since she was little. I felt so terrible because I didn't know what to tell her. Now she gotten older and she acts fast as hell. She gotten out of control, and I think her real father could help her."

"You married." She nodded, "Happily married with a daughter and twin boys." I turned my head because I was feeling emotional. She looks so happy and beautiful. Then she has a happy marriage. I once had that and I ruined it.

"Can I please bring her by." She said and he look at me and I shrug. He haven't met this child the least he could do is meet her. "Ok when do you want me to see her." "Tomorrow." He pulled me back a little from her. "We have to make sure Dana, Rima, and Kiera are gone." "Ok" I said and we walk back over to her.

"Ok give me your number, and I will text you our address." We gave each other our phone numbers and said goodbye. Marshall walk back over to us, "You are going to meet your first born." They both laughed as we walk back to the car.

Now that me and her talk I really don't feel angry anymore. I'm glad I talk to her, but I will keep an eye on her. I can tell this daughter of hers will be trouble, but trust and believe I will fix that.

The next day

Rima

"Stop Vince," I said as he chase me around in the back of the store. "Nawl man you got a smart ass mouth." "My man ain't complaining." I said as I continued running and laughing, but I didn't hear him laughing anymore. I stop and saw him mugging me.