12

Darnell

My head is hurting like a motherfucker. We been in this hospital for some hours now and this shit is driving me crazy. The only thing I can think about is me letting him go. I should've took him home, and since I didn't he could be dead now. The news I just got from the police really is pissing me off.

Who ever shot at my homeboy will get what's coming. I felt tears build up, but I tried to stop them. I wasn't gon cry in front of everybody. Toya left two hours ago to go get Rima and Dana for me. I been trying to reach them since my mom told me, but they was probably sleep. I heard footsteps and I look up.

A doctor was approaching us holding a stoic look. I didn't know was we receiving bad news or good news, "Family of Beau'Cannon." We stood up and he walk over to us. He told us his name was. Dr. Johnson. Mr. Bea'Cannon walk over to him, "How is my son?" The man sighed and shook his head, "Well he is still living but he is barely living." Once I heard that I felt a tear slide down.

I didn't even wipe it away as another one slide down, "You mean he is going to die." The doctor shook his head, "No, but there's is a possibility he could, he is currently in ICU." I sighed but still felt a little on edge. "Can we see him," Kim said trying to stay calm.

"Sure since surgery went very well, and he is currently sleeping. He has a broken rib, arm, shoulder, and a sprained ankle." I cringed at the sound of that and turned my head. "Also he broke his collarbone and-" "WHAT!!" I screamed at him. My mom pulled me into a hug, "Calm down D, the doctor said he is still alive. "MOM HE'S BARELY LIVING." I screamed at her.

I shook my head walking away from them. I turned a corner and got on the elevator, then I pushed the lobby button. I turned from the doors and put both of my hands on the wall. I couldn't believe he could die at any moment. This shit is all my fault, I should be the one dying not him. The elevator ding and the doors open, "Darnell?"

I wipe my eyes and turned to Toya, Rima, and Dana. Toya face frowned up, "D did he die?" I shook my head and I look over at Rima and Dana, "I was trying to reach y'all." "We sorry Darnell we been so busy." Dana said and I nodded. Rima look over at me, "H-How is he?" I sighed and told them everything the doctor told us. Rima was crying saying it was her fault.

"Rima calm down please." "I should've never gave him attitude and problems," She said while Dana hug her. "May we please go see him D, please." Rima said as she start pushing random buttons. "Hold on Rima don't get us fuck up too," I said in a panic tone. I quickly rush off the elevator looking at her crazy. "He on the fourth floor, you should see my mom and them up there."

They nodded, "D do you need someone to talk to." I look over at Dana who held a sympathetic look. I gave her a smile and held my arm out, only for it to be snatch from Toya. "Good looking out Dana." I mug the hell out of her as the elevator doors closed. "The hell is wrong with you Toya." She shrug and wrap her arms around my neck.

"I just want to make sure your ok baby," I pushed her off of me. "I aint your damn baby ok." I pointed at her and she smiled wider, "But what if I'm having your baby." My heart drop at the sound of that shit. Aint no way in hell she having my seed. "Stop with all that damn lying Toya. You over here bullshitting and yo damn cousin up there trying to make it." "Well excuse me then, hell I just wanted you to know," She rolled her eyes and walked away.

I shook my head and slid down on the wall. "What the hell I'm suppose to do with a baby?" I said lowly to my self. My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Hello....Yea we still at the hospital...ok well just send it then... Aight bye." Soon my phone vibrated indicating the text. I open the text and Jay car pop up on my screen. Jay car at the top everybody.