chapter 1

Hunter's POV

I dropped my bag on the floor and layed down on my bed looking up at the ceiling. It was 4:00 and a Sunday. The day before I have to go to my new school. At my old school I attended every party and I was with every girl. I was the most popular "bad boy" there.

I didn't want my reputation to change in this school. I would keep these people in check and I would be the same me but just with a different crowd.

I didn't want my bad boy reputation to be as serious though. I can't lie. I didn't like how every teacher hated me and most nerds were scared of me. I wasn't that bad. I wanted good grades. I wanted to have friends. I just wanted to have fun and be adventures as well.

Being fun and adventure turned to everyday having an enemy and eventually getting in a fight. I was a trained fighter though so I always won. I have been training to fight since I was 14 and I was about to be 18. I wanted protection from my piece of a shit father who tried hitting my mom and me.

My father came back when I was 14 and was abusive. He left again until 2 months ago and he tried going after my mother after she didn't let him in the house. I was there in a flash and eventually had him on the ground coughing up blood and spitting out teeth. The cops came and took me in. I got a week in there and community service. My father was now in prison for 6 years.

Everyone knew what was going on and so much drama was happening so we moved out here. I held that bad boy image in school because my father. I didn't want anyone messing with me.

I hope in this school they know not to mess with me but it won't be as bad in my old school.

I was thinking this to myself for an hour just laying in bed having flashbacks of that day and what it would be like here.

Then my mom called me down for dinner. My mom was everything to me. She's amazing and she made one huge mistake with my father but don't we always make mistakes? She tries her best to be an amazing mother and now that that asshole is in prison she could be and I would try my best to be an amazing son.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek as I sat down across from her. She looked like she had been crying and I reached my hand to hers.

She looked up at me and smiled telling me she was fine. I shook my head and went back to eating.

I hated how she had bad memories. I wished I could just take it away from her. I cleaned up after dinner and gave her a kiss goodnight before going up the stairs into my bedroom and to a deep sleep.

My alarm went off the next morning and I stumbled out of bed. I grabbed a grey shirt and put on jeans. I grabbed a beanie and looked in the mirror before putting on my black jacket and kissing my mom, leaving on my motor cycle to my new school.

I arrived and saw a bunch of kids going into the school. I walked down the hall to the main office where they gave me my locker number and combination. Then my schedule. I headed down the hall to where I spotted my locker number.

I noticed something. Everywhere else there were bunch of people that were at their lockers but this section. These five lockers were completely empty. I saw a lot of eyes on me and I was confused. I checked the number and it was indeed my locker. So, was I getting pranked or something?

I was getting pissed and I looked one of the people staring at me. It was a guy. He looked like a football player. One of the schools athletes. One of the popular kids probably.

"What the fuck are you staring at?"

He looked shocked and gulped. He probably never dealt with anyone talking back to him because he was one of those kids. I wanted to make it clear that's not happening with me.

He scratched the back of his neck and Said, "Nothing it's just nobody has a locker next to hers."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. What was he talking about 'her'?

"What do you mean?"

He shook his head and said, "Dude, good luck." Before walking away. The bell ring and I pushed the confusing things he said out my head. I would find out sooner or later. I looked down at my schedule and headed to my first class. Art.

I walked in, put my note on his desk, and picked an empty seat and then I saw the teacher walk in. He looked at the note, looked up at me, and then nodded. I looked over to notice everyone was here and the only empty seat was next to me. Then, the guy from earlier sat next to me.

"Hey, I am Cody by the way and I didn't mean to confuse you this morning."

I nodded and watched the teacher until the bell ring but before I could leave Cody stood in front of me and held out his hand, "Let me see your schedule. I can help you find your next class."

I handed him my schedule and he looked over it before looking up and handing me back the paper.

"I don't have any other classes with you but you have one class with her so that should be interesting."

I wanted to know what the hell he was talking about "her" and "she"

Before I could ask he was out the door and I walked down the stairs for my next class.

Damn my day has just begun and I'm already in drama. Drama I didn't even know about.

Again. I would eventually find out what everyone was talking about.

Sorry it's short but I still hope you like this story :)

Song title - Facedown by red jumpsuit Apparatus acoustic version