chapter 7

Hunter's POV

I had picked her as my partner. My plan was simple. Once her shell cracked and she fell for me, I would tell her that I never liked her and tell her the truth. I did this a to lot of girls who got on my nerves back at my old school.

Well she was different because she wasn't begging to get in my pants like the other girls. She did the opposite. She would be harder but I loved the challenge.

She got on my nerves more than any other girl because she did the opposite but it won't be very long until she is crying over me and begging to get back with. Sometimes when I think about it I get a little worried because I don't know how she could fall for me with that hard of a shell.

I tried to call her beautiful and she would blush and pretend to be mad but all she was was really mad. She showed no sign of any  blushing or feelings. I saw her staring at me and I told her she should stop drooling over me but she wasn't staring at me like I wanted her to. She looked like she was coming up with ideas how to kill me.

She was glaring at me. Eventually  she turned to her work and I noticed the look she gets when she pays attention to her work. She does it in class also. Her eyes grew and little wider and she had a straight expression. Literally her lips were in a straight line. Why was I looking at her lips?

This would be a lot less hard if I wasn't attracted to her. I mean she was hot but all the other girls were hot too. Some of them were actually hotter than her and they barely wore anything.

She dressed completely normal. She didn't beg me to get into her pants. I guess that's why I was attracted to her. She wasn't like most girls and I kind of liked it but I also hated her hard shell that she wouldn't let anyone get into. That and she basically kicked my ass. That has never happened with a girl ever to me.

She looked sexy when she got angry at me though this morning.

Gosh, Hunter get it together and stick with the plan. Stop thinking about how hot she is!

I cleared my throat. That got her attention. She looked at me with a raised eye brow asking me what I wanted. I smiled and asked, "Do you happen to be going to Cody's party tonight?"

"Not anymore if you're gonna be there."

Shit.

"That would make me sad. Sophia, now you've hurt my feelings."

"Oh, wow I'm so sorry I should really take back what I said. That was mean." She said serious.

I looked at her shocked. She actually sounded serious and so sweet. I immediately wanted to take it back as well.

"Oh...I'm Sophia....I didn't mean.."

Then she started laughing and I was so confused, "What is so funny?"

"Oh, you actually bought that act. That was so adorable."

I glared at her and that made her laugh even more. I felt a smile creep on my face watching her laugh. I bet she hasn't laughed like that in this school in forever. Now I was starting to break through her shell.

I just officially started the game with the bad chick.

Once the bell rang I asked her when and where can we work on the poster. She said she would be fine with me coming over her house tomorrow night. I shook my head and agreed. She gave me her address.

She started walking away but I stopped her by grabbing her wrist gently, "Shouldn't you give me your number just in case I need help getting there."

She rolled her eyes and I loved when she did that. She gave me a peice of paper with her number on it.

I smiled at her and she said, "Now you should say sorry."

"For what exactly?"

"I need to get a new phone after this."

I laughed and she smiled before walking away. This was going to be harder than I thought. I will see her at the party and then I'll work my magic.

My day was fine but of course I couldn't get her out of my head. When the bell rang I was smiling because I knew I would get to see her again and tease her so she would glare at me again. I turned the corner and was disappointed to not see her.

She probably would be coming soon or she already left so I just walked to my locker and grabbed my books and closed it. Still no sign of her so I walked outside heading to my bike.

I got on and started it and texted my mom I would be home soon not that she would be there. She was the new kindergarten teacher at the school down the street. I still told her cause I told her everything.

I was about to go when I saw a car come up to the curb and there she was getting into the passenger side of the car. In the driver's side was a boy. He looked like a college student. He had dirty blond hair. I was now watching them drive off.

Wait a second. Did she have a boyfriend in college? That's probably why she keeps resisting me. Most girls still caved in when they had boyfriends but then again she was different than other girls. I didn't want to say I felt jealousy because I didn't.

I felt a little bit of shock and I may be a little mad that I would have to try way harder to get her to like me. Man, she was nothing I had to deal with before. Why can't she be like normal girls? I asked myself but I knew I liked that she was different and she was actually fun to be around but I didn't want to admit it. I like her. Well, not really like that but her personally for sure.

I then drove off heading home to finish my homework then get ready for the party.

*I hope you like this chapter!*

Song title - fire by pvris