chapter 17

Hunter's POV

When I pulled into the parking lot I shut the car off and hopped out the car and speed walked into the hospital. My mom behind me.

I walked over to the front desk. The lady had said that she was in the emergency section and I could wait in their waiting room. I got on the elevator with my mom. I walked out the elevator and headed down the hall and I saw a familiar face in the waiting room, Sophia's aunt. I walked in and she was in her husbands arms and crying.

I saw Henry in the corner crying as well. He was hugging Sophie's best friend Dream. She looked like she was crying too. Her twin brother and their mother were sitting next to her with sad faces on and it looked like Dream's brother eyes were watering. His mother held onto his hand gripping him. Once every one heard the door open and close they looked up at me. Henry ran to me and hugged me crying harder and I felt my eyes starting to water.

Henry looked over my shouler, "Ms.Bale?"

She brought him into a hug and I looked over at Dream. I nodded at her and she nodded back saying hi. I then put my hand on Abby's back. She looked at me and smiled before putting her face back into Freddy's chest.

This was awful. I sat down next to Dream and asked how was she?

  "We are waiting on the doctor to tell us. We don't know right now." She responded.

An hour later of silence besides the small cries and sniffles the doctor came in

"Here for Sophia winters?" He asked looking up from his papers.

We all stood up and looked at him. He gave us all a small smile that none of us were able to return.

"Well her cuts and bruises are slowly going to l. Everything is good but she is in a coma from the impact when she hit her head. We can't really predict what happens next. We can't predict if she'll wake up or not. It's sort of all up to her now."

You could hear a few sniffles in the room at this news.

"You can come and see her now. Two or three people at a time."

Dream, her brother, and their mom went first. Then Henry and his parents. Everyone headed home when it was my turn. I told my mom I wanted to go by myself.

I walked down the hall and stepped into the room. My heart felt like it shattered as I saw her in the hospital bed with tubes everywhere. She had a bandage wrapped around her head. She had a black eye and a cut on her cheek. My eyes watered as I sat onto the chair and held her hand. I had no words so I just sat there rubbing her hand.

A single tear fell down my cheek as I looked at her face. Then a nurse walked in.

"Sorry, I just needed to get this." She said grabbing something out of the drawer. I nodded and rubbed Sophie's hand.

She smiled at me, "You guys are so cute. Is she your girlfriend?"

I didn't know what to say to that. We never got a chance to discuss it. The thought brought water to my eyes again.

I almost said it so quiet she probably couldn't hear me as I whispered, "Yeah"

She smiled and said, "I'm sorry." Before walking out the door again.

After the nurse had left I looked at her face. It looked awful and then I remembered that day with Henry at the ice cream shop.

***Flashback***

"So Henry, tell me how to get your aunt to like me?"

She rolled her eyes and I smiled at her and winked when she met my eyes.

"Well, Sophia is amazing and awesome once you get to know her. She's a pretty cool aunt. She's like my older sister. She can come off as a bad word I can't say but, anyways you just need to be on her good side."

I nodded and looked at Sophia who was now grinning at what Henry said before she met my eyes again, "Am I on your good side?"

She smirked and leaned in like she was telling a secret. She looked like she was gonna say yeah but that smart ass whispered after a while, "No"

I glared at her but it soon faded into a smile when she fell back on her seat from laughing and I looked back at Henry who was also smiling.

"How do I get on her good side?"

He shrugged, "Be adorable."

That made me laugh and so did Sophia.

**End of Flashback**

I needed her back. To kiss her again and just see her smile. Gosh, I want to see her roll her eyes again.

Just then I heard only a loud beep and noticed it was from her heart monitor. Then a bunch of doctors and nurses came in. The nurse walked over to me and basically pushed me to the door.

"We need to work with Sophia now."

"No, wait what's going on I need to see her!"

The nurse spoke one last time before closing the door behind her, "I'm sorry."

I let the tears fall now and my mother came to me and hugged me. I cried harder then I ever cried in a long time.

Something told me she was gone.

I hope you liked this chapter!!

Song title - secrets by one republic