Chapter 30

Hunter's POV

I walked her to the dance floor holding her hand but not with our fingers intertwined. It felt so good to hear her say what I felt as well. I missed her.

It will be a little weird with us being friends. In highschool we we were enemies, then frenemies, then a couple, and finally in love. We paused our emotions for each other for almost a year and then we lastly became friends just now.

I thought it would be easy to be friends with her because I was with Sidney but I had got photos sent to me from someone I don't know of Sidney half naked and posing with a group of shirtless guys at the beach and her chugging down beer. She had lied to me about going to see her family. She knew how much I wanted her to be here but no she wanted to party and be a slut with those other girls showing way to much in the background.

Believe when I say that I wasn't very happy to get those photos at my friend's wedding.

I would have to talk to her and I was going to when Sophia had came up to me. Now I just wanted to get my mind off of it all. Plus she was taken and I saw the lucky guy kissing her earlier.

We made our way over and I put my hands on her waist as she put her hands on my shoulders looking up at me.

We started moving our feet and danced to the slow love song playing now. I pulled her to my chest and she placed her chin on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly and rested my chin on top of her head.

It felt good to be dancing with her. The last time I danced with her was at the business party for Frankie's work. When we were together and happy as ever.

We swayed to the music. We were pressed against each other for the rest of the song until an upbeat song started playing and we pulled apart. I looked around at the others spinning and dipping faster and dancing faster to the music. It brought a smile on my face taking my hands in Sophie's and pulling apart only to pull her back into my chest. I spun her and we started swaying faster. We repeated this grinning at each other and she giggled every time she spun.

When the song was ending I dipped her slowly down. I saw her face turn from a sly smile to a serious look. My smile fade also as I looked into her eyes. I lowered her more and it gave me view of her neck. Then she lifted her head up slowly and her blue eyes searched mine. I lifted her back up slowly and I noticed a few eyes on us.

I ignored it and kept my eyes on her as another song started. We started swaying to the music again our bodies stuck together.

My eyes met Carley coming towards us with her husband smiling. I took my hands off Sophia's waist and stopped dancing looking over her shoulder at them coming to us.

Sophia gave me a confused look as I moved my eyes motioning behind her and she turned around to smile at Carley and her husband.

"I'm sorry to interrupt" she said looking at us before putting her attention only on Sophia, "but we wanted to let you know that they're ready for you to go up now."

She nodded and hugged her before leaving towards a door the led behind the stage. What is she doing? No one told me anything about this.

I turned to Carley hoping to get an answer. She seemed to notice my confusion because she said, "Sophia is singing a cover of halo for the happy couple. It's kind of a surprise and a little present to them."

I nodded and looked over up to the stage as the lights dimmed and a spot light was set up on a wooden stool. Soon after awhile Sophia sat down on the stool the spotlight on her holding a purple guitar in her hands.

I smiled at the sight. I knew she always got nervous before performing no matter what and I couldn't imagine how nervous she is to perform for Austin's and Beth's wedding.

She cleared her throat and everyone had their eyes on her now. I saw Austin look at her with confusion with his arm around Beth's waist. Then it turned into a short smile realizing she was going to sing for them.

Her eyes caught mine and I flashed her a genuine smile reassuring her to forget all her nerves and just sing.

I would always do that when ever she sung for me or when I was there when she sung. It has been more than a year I heard her sing and that thought had me waiting for her sweet soft voice to sooth me.

"This is for the happy couple. Beth and Austin." She said smiling at them.

(Play the video now to hear how she sings it and an idea of what she sounds like)

She played an intro on her guitar. It brought a smile on my face as she played so smooth. She had looked down at her guitar then to the crowd towards Austin and Beth smiling. She played a little while before singing.

"Remember those walls I built, well baby they're tumbling down. They didn't even put up a fight, they didn't even make a sound." She sang.

"I found a way to let you in but I never really had a doubt, standing in the light of your halo, I got my angle now." She sang going into the chorus.

"It's like I've been awaken. Every rule I had you breaking. It's the risk that im taking. I ain't ever gonna shut you out." She sang holding out the last note in a soft delicate tone.

"Everywhere I'm looking now. I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby I can see your halo. You know your my save and grace. Your everything I needed more. It's written all over your face. Baby I can see your halo. Prey it won't fade away."

Every word she sang and every note played just made me want her to sing about me and just to call her mine again. To tell her that I loved her.

I cleared my throat as she sang again.

"Hit me like a ray of sun. Burning through my darkest night. Your the only one that I want. Think Im addicted to your light."

She sang the rest of the song while smiling over at Austin and who were smiling back at her. After awhile she caught my eyes as she sung the chorus again. The way she was looking at me it felt like she was singing the words to me and I gave her a small smile that she returned.

Gosh, why did I let her go?

She wasn't mine anymore and as she wore that smile as she sang up there I realized that I could never stop loving her. I never really wanted to stop but now that she's with someone else and I'm not going to be anymore after I break it off with Sidney, I don't think I handle just being friends.

She finished the song and sung the last line. I couldn't keep my eyes off her grin when she hugged Austin and Beth as she came off the stage.

She was.. Beautiful.

She then made her way to me still with a smile on her face which made me smile back. With my hands in my pockets nervously she hugged me and I quickly wrapped my arms around her and gave her a little squeezed. I really missed her.

She rubbed up and down my back but we eventually pulled apart.

"So what did you think?" She said nudging me with her elbow playfully.

I chuckled, "Well, I personally think you did amazing and I know Austin and Beth loved it. It was sweet and it was really good. I can't tell a lie."

She grinned so wide which made me chuckle again before she hit my chest playfully.

"That's one thing I didn't miss about you."

"What is that?"

"You hit pretty hard." I responded while rubbing where she had hit me on my chest.

We both chuckled and I started dancing with her again. It all felt right but not when I only called her my friend. As much as I hope she would feel the same. She's not mine anymore. She's now just a friend. But I can take what I can get. We can be great friends. I think.

I really hope you liked this chapter. It took forever and I worked hard. What was your favorite part?

Song title - halo by Beyonce cover by Jasmine Thomas!!