chapter 23

June (gradation)

Sophia's POV

  I had my cap and gown on and I was walking behind Samantha to the stage. The principle had already called Hunter's name and he got up to receive his diploma and I could see his mom cheering from the crowd. I could see my Aunt, Uncle, Henry, Austin, Beth, Fiona, Brody, Fiona's husband, and Dreams mom sitting next to her. Henry was so happy to be going into 1st grade next year. Beth was now 8 months pregnant and about to pop any minute.

  She looked so happy though and I couldn't wait to see their baby girl. They wouldn't tell me the name until she was here. Brody was now almost two and even more adorable. He's already hit his terrible twos stage from what I've heard. Although you couldn't see yet but Fiona was happily pregnant with her second child. She was only 3 weeks along. Dream and Anthony's mom was glowing.

  They called Samantha's name and she smiled at me before walking onto the stage. I smiled as she walked off the stage and went to cody. They were so cute together. They've been together since junior year. I was for sure they were going to get engaged after graduation because Hunter told me Cody was talking about it to him.

   I smiled at my Aunt and Uncle and waved before they called my name. I walked across the stage and got my diploma and shook the principal's hand before walking off the stage. I saw Hunter was talking to Samantha, Cody, and Carl. Once he met my eyes he grinned and I grinned and ran over to him in my heels. He laughed and squeezed me into his arms spinning me around when I jumped into his arms. Once he put me down he pulled me into a slow passionate kiss.

  "I love you." He whispered to me.

  I ran my hand through his soft hair, "I love you too."

  He grinned and pecked me on the lips before we watched Dream get called and then Anthony.

  Dream ran down into Carl's arms. Yeah, they finally started dating after Christmas and they seem so in love.

  Then she jumped into my arms and giggled. We jumped up and down in our heels like the girls on TV.

  I saw The boys rolling their eyes at Me, Dream, and Samantha who were all doing that mostly to annoy the boys.

  I also remember seeing Vanessa in the crowd. Her and Anthony went out on a few dates and started dating 2 months ago.

  Once all the students were called we got to throw our caps in the air. Hunter picked me up and kissed me when a the caps went in the air and fell down. I smiled at him and once he put me down I ran over to my family.

  All of us went out to eat. It's weird going into a restaurant with 17 people. We got a whole section.

  I tried to be happy even though I was dreading this day as well. I only had one summer left with Hunter. He's going away for college. We said we would do a long distance relationship. We loved each other and we weren't willing to just let go of that.

  I was going to college in this city. It wasnt that far away. I want to be a song writer and I'm going to school for that.

  Dream, Anthony, Carl, Cody, and Samantha were all going to the same college as me.

  Vanessa was going to stay here and co own her parents company. So in a way she'll be my uncle's boss. She will also be going to collage as well but in the next city close to us.

  Hunter was just leaving and his mom was staying here with us because no matter what happens to me and Hunter, we'll still be her family as well now. She was like my second mom. You know after my Aunt.

  We laughed and said jokes and what we planned on doing this summer.

  When we were done we all rode in separate cars. Me and Hunter didn't drive straight home because we needed alone time. We went to the ice cream shop to get ice cream and then walk around town.

  We got our ice cream cones and started walking. The sun was coming down. It would soon be dark out.  

  "I can't believe highschool is over. That placed changed me more than once."

  He chuckled at that and rubbed my palm with his thumb. I leaned my head on his shoulder.  I sighed and we walked more around until I had to tell him how I felt.

  "Hunter?"

  He stopped walking when I stopped and faced me, "What's wrong beautiful?" I sighed and I could feel wetness come to my eyes.

  "That's what's wrong. I am never going to hear you call me beautiful again."

  "Why do you say that, I know it will be hard but we can talk on the phone and visit when we get the chance."

  "No, Hunter that's the thing. I don't want to do that. Look, I love you so much but I can't keep doing that. I know how long distance relationship ships go and I know it's not going to be different for us. Things are going to happen in our lives that will split us apart. So, we have one last summer together and then...we have to let each other go."

  My voice cracked on the last word. Tears just came tumbling down now. Hunter put his hand on my cheek and wiped them away with his thumb and he let a single tear drop from his eye. I wiped it away.

  "We don't have to do this. We can make it work and-" he said with His hurt clearly heard in his voice.

  He shook my head, "We either end it to not hurt eachother or stay together and hurt eachother if something happens we will basically be apart for four years. Hunter, please understand what I am saying."

  He nodded with his forehead placed on mine and said, "Okay."

  I knew he knew what I was trying to say. I took a deep way breath as tears poured

  He kissed me with all his love and I kissed him back with the same amount. He pulled me closer with his hand on my waist.I wrapped my arms around his neck and he cupped my face and deepens the kiss. His licked my bottom lip asking for permission which j gladly have him as they moved in sync.

  Once we pulled apart we both had tear stained cheeks and were breathing heavy.

  Hunter was wearing the watch I gave him. Hunter had given me a graduation present before we went. It was a necklace that had engraved, 'Am I on your good side?' from the discussion with Henry at that ice cream shop.

  I was currently wearing it, "I love you."

  "I love you too."

   Those were the words I took with me as he went away to college that fall.

I hope you like this chapter. More drama to come :)

Song title - Already gone by Kelly Clarkson

Play the song and think about them in this chapter. I listened to it whole writing it to help me get into the mood.