chapter 12

Sophie's POV

(The picture is Dream. This is what I picture her to look like.)

I had woke up not wanted to school so bad because I was so tired. Me and Dream talked all night on the phone. She would be here today but she talked about her crush in Carl and how she doesn't want to her hurt because be is kind of know as a player.

She's coming over on Saturday and spending the night. It's really good to have a girl best friend to talk about girl stuff to. I had Austin as my guy friend. At first we just did gigs together and performed together. Now he became like my older brother. Speaking of me and Austin get to perform at the first we performed together at kn Monday. We never played on Fridays because we agreed we should have the weekends off.

I was kind of getting suspicious though because he has been a lot more time with Beth his fiance then usual. They decided they wouldn't even start planning their wedding until next year and have in like two years from now. So they wernt doing that.

Oh well I'll just ask him in Monday.

At least its was Friday I thought to myself while getting out of bed and getting ready.

My aunt was in the kitchen as always and making Henry's lunch while my Uncle was just leaving to go to work. I have him a hug before be left.

I kissed mg aunt Abby on the cheek and hugged before leaving. Henry was still sleeping but he usually gets up five minutes after I leave.

I walked into the school and made my way to my locker. People didn't look at my as much now. That's good as long as they don't start talking shit to me or something cause that's for sure not gonna happen. I kick their ass.

Hunter was at his locker. He wasn't alone. This blonde haired girl was sucking Hunters face basically. I rolled my eyes. I knew Hunter was a man whore. I little bit of me was angry. That slut I thought to myself.

I was gonna rip her fake extensions out of that head of hers. I didn't want to think Hunter to think I was jealous because I'll definitely get crap about that later from him.

She was on my locker though. She was blocking my locker. This bitch had the nerve.

I walked up to them and pulled her away by her hair and dragged away from my locker. I knew I was drawing a crowd noe but I honestly didn't care.

I smirked at her when I let go her hair. She gasped and her mouth was open just staring at me, "Next time you want to be a slut and block my way to my locker, I won't be so nice. Take your make out section and your STDs away from me and my locker. Got it?"

She nodded weakly and then ran off. I smiled I'm my victory. I turned around not meeting Hunter's stare. I didn't know how he reacted. I didn't want to. I grabbed my books, closed my locker, and walked off to 1st period.

Then, I realized I would have to deal with him at fourth period.

At lunch time I met up with Dream and I got stares when I walked into the lunch room. Dream sat at a table with her brother. I said I would sit with her and her brother.

As soon as I sat down. Dreams brother was as staring at me with wide eyes. What was his problem?

(Dream's brother Anthony)

"Dream, why is the bad chick sitting with us?"

He didn't say in a mean way. I mean that was my Nick name people gave me. I get how he could be shocked.

Before I could say anything Dream said, "Anthony, this is Sophia, the best friend I was talking about. She is so not what everyone says she is."

Ready to prove that k wasn't just the bad chick I said politely, "Hello Anthony, you must be Dreams brother. It's nice to finally meet you"

"I'm her older brother, yes and it's nice to finally meet you for real." He said with a smile. This was gonna be good after all.

"By 2 minutes. You're older then me by two minutes, Anthony"

"Still older than you, lil sis." He said lil sis like he did to mock her and she glared him he glared back. I laughed at their childish fight they looked at me then they let out a chuckle.

I was starting to like Anthony. It was like I was making new friends everyday. I thought last night Hunter would be on that list but this morning just made me pissed. He better not talk to me during class. We'll present our poster and that's it. He can go back to that slut.

Why am I mad that be was making out with any one. It's not like we were dating.

So, he shouldn't have been making out with a girl blocking my way to my locker. Part of me thinks he did it on purpose to show me how he was not looking for any sort of commitment with a girl including friendship. Well his point got across for sure.

"What the hell happened this morning? I heard you were fighting with one of the cheerleaders this morning."

I sighed, "Hunter and her were sucking each other's faces and blocking my way to my locker. So I dragged her by her hair and told her not to be in my way again."

"That bitch is such a slut."

I nodded and said, "Tell me something I don't know."

Then we laughed and me, her, and Anthony talked about these fake ass cheerleaders. We laughed and made jokes. I had nothing against cheerleaders or cheerleading in general but the girls in my school who were cheerleaders acted like they owned the place. Of course they never said anything to me but it got me mad.

The bell rang and I hugged Dream bye and told her I'd see her tomorrow which was Saturday. I waved to Anthony and he waved back before I headed to fourth period. Great.

I walked in and all eyes were in me. I wasn't late but I wasn't early either. I was just on time and most people were here already including Hunter. He looked at me and I moved my eyes away from him avoiding his stare. I was going to ignore him for the rest of the year. Shouldn't be hard but it was only October 2nd so I had a long way to go and I had trouble ignoring him one day.

I sat down in my seat next to him and watched as the teacher came in. We were called up second. We both walked up and I had the poster in my hand. We agreed he would do most of the talking. With in 8 minutes we were done our presentation. It well. Really well and I hope we would get a good grade on it.

We took our seats and I payed attention to the other presentations but I could see out the corner of my eye his stare. He held a blank expression. I needed to stop peeking over at him. I needed to avoid him.

As the bell rang I gathered my things and everyone stood there waiting for me. This was back and i actually liked it. Yesterday and the day before some people walked a head of me. Mostly Cody or his friends then people would follow. Now everyone waited for me.

I walked past Hunter brushing shoulders with him. I started walking to the door and I then I felt his grip on my wrist. I slowly turned around.

"What do you want, Hunter?"

He looked around and found people staring at us and the room was silent so he leaned in and whispers by my ear, "I'll see after school at the lockers we need to talk."

With that he walked out. I stood there and everyone's eyes were on me probably wondering what he had said, trying to read my expression. I then walked out the door and then everyone followed after. I headed to fith period.

*I hope you like this chapter and if you like this book you should take a look at the other book I'm working on called what love leaves behind. Try the first two or three chapters to see if you like it. It gets better around the fourth chapter though. Thanks!*

Song title - smoke and fire by Sabrina carpenter