chapter 24

Hunter's POV

I sat my books on my night stand which was on my side of the room and by my bed. I sighed as I collapsed on my bed. College was exhausting. I figured I would get used to it after 6 months of it. It was late February. I was so glad the cold was over because the weather was way more cold in the winter here then back in town.

This Christmas I got to spend the one day with my mom before saying good bye to her and going back up here. We gave each other gifts and had dinner together. I visited Cody and Samantha. They were engaged. Not surprised because I knew he was proposing after graduation. I even went shopping for a ring for her with him. They live in an apartment together in town next to the college.

I also went to visit Dream and Anthony. Dream and Anthony still Leaved home with their mom but Anthony will soon be moving out to live in a family home with Vanessa. Dream and Carl are still going strong.

I visited Austin, Beth, and their 7 month baby girl named Emily. She was adorable.

The most dreaded part was visiting Abby, Freddy, Henry, and Sophia.

I visited every month or so and hung out with Cody and Anthony but I never seen Sophia since the night I left. That August night.

We didn't see each other that much the whole summer. Then she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before I went to college.

A part of me didn't want to see her but another part of me wanted to see her. I missed her. I got asked out a couple times and I turned them all down. I was still in the remembering her over every little thing stage.

I saw Henry who was now 8. He looked so big even though I saw him the month before. He was playing with Brody who was now almost 3. Fiona was there with her new born in her arms.

Abby looked amazing as always. We chatted for a while before I noticed that Sophia was no where to be found.

I had asked them about her and they said she went get to get some fresh air and meet up with Dream. I was there for an hour and I didn't see her. I drove back to my mom's house to grab a quick dinner before falling asleep because I had to get up early to head back.

(Play song now to get in the mood of the story)

Now I'm laying in my dorm room bed two months later. I haven't visited since Christmas.I knew she was avoiding me every time I came to visit.

I sighed just thinking about her made me want to kiss her again and call her mine again. I know that'll never happen and I needed to except that.

I opened the cabinet by my bedside. I dug in the little draw and pulled it out.

Her face was glowing and she was grinning with her arms and legs wrapped around me on my back. She was Wearing her bowling shoes.

That was our 1 month anniversary. Now more than a year later I can feel my heart breaking because I knew she wasn't going to be happy like that with me ever again. Who knows if she's already moved on?

I needed to move on but with her it was so hard. I was broken and I needed to put myself back together. I feel so empty and so cold inside and I needed to warm me up and fill up that empty space. I need to forget every memory of us.

Every kiss and every hug. That day at the ice cream shop, our anniversary concert, our anniversary bowling matches, every time I told her I loved her and she told me it back. I can't love her anymore because she was gone and out of my life. The her everyone talked about that first day in highschool was my first love and my everything but now we were nothing and we'll never be anything again.

I felt a single tear fall from my cheek and I wiped it away quickly when my room mate came in. Sidney was a red haired converse and hoodie kind of girl. I liked her and she was kind of cool.

She saw my watch that was in my hands. She saw me looking at it and brushing my thumb over the glass.

"That your Girlfriend?" She asked curiously.

I cleared my throat, " No she's my Ex but me and her family are still close."

She nodded and then I heard what I least expected from her.

"So you are single?"

I nodded and looked at her smiling face.

"I'm single." She stated.

I stared at her confused. I knew she was single. She told me before. Then a bell went off in my head. She likes me.

"I'm pretty sure you see where I'm going with this right?"  She asked me.

I smiled and nodded and she waited patiently for my answer. I told my self to move on. I needed to. For all I know, Sophia could be with any guy right now. We weren't together any more and we never will be again. I needed to except that now.

I smiled at her, "I would love to go on a date with you Sidney."

She smiled and opened her arms for a hug. I looked down at my watch and I frowned and I threw back into the drawer and closed the cabinet.

I got up and swung her around. I was going out with Sidney. I was forgetting Sophia. She was just another girl I went out with in highschool.

I wanted to tell my self to forget Sophia and I was doing that because I can't love her anymore and I realized now I don't and I won't again.

I let my last tear drop because she was not mine and not mine to cry for.

Not anymore.

Not anymore.

I hope you like this chapter. Next chapter is in Sophie's POV. You'll see what's going on in her head and get a big surprise in the next chapter. I promise.

Tissues anyone?! This was a very sad chapter 😭

Song title - so cold by Ben cocks (FAV SONG OF ALL TIME)