chapter 19

Hunter's POV

I didn't sleep that much last night. I still could see her lying in the hospital bed and the beep in my head.

I woke up to my mom tapping me and whispering, "Hunter, Hunter wake up."

I groaned, "Mom, I didn't get sleep last night just give me an hour or two."

"Honey, the hospital called."

That had got me up. I sat up and looked at her, "What did they say?"

"They said that she had woken up an hour ago."

I looked around for my shirt and when I found it I put it on.

"Well, I'm going to see her." I stated.

"They said no visitors until they're done taking test on her."

"How long will that take?" I ask hoping it isn't very long.

"They said another hour but they'll call when they're ready."

I nodded and sat on my bed and sighed waiting until I could see her again.

A hour and a half had past before they called my mom saying she's aloud visitors now. Now we're in the car driving there.

We pulled up to the hospital and I got out and got on the elevator. When I spotted her doctor he said he'll go tell her I was here to see her. Shortly after a nurse came to me. It was the same nurse from last night. The one I told that she was my girlfriend.

"Well, I told her that you were here to see her and she said she didn't want to see you right now and to tell you she's sorry."

I looked at her in confusion. Why didn't she want to see me? Did I do something wrong not knowing it? Why was she sorry? What the hell is going on?!

"Did she seem mad or upset?"

She shrugged, "She seemed fine."

I nodded and than thanked her before she left. I walked out of the hospital. I didn't say a word on the way home and my mom didn't push anything.

I was laying in my bed all day Sunday. No word from the hospital about her wanting to see me. I had school tomorrow and I now knew she wouldn't be there. They said that she would be leaving tomorrow night and will be back at school on Tuesday.

Monday everyone looked towards me and whispered. They all knew that she was in the hospital. Then Cody, Samantha, Chloe, Andrew, Carl, Dream's brother, and Dream sat with me at lunch. They all were great friends to me. Cody pulled me aside after lunch.

"Hey man, I just want to say that Sophia is a great girl once you get to know her and I realize that now. I'm sorry for telling you any thing else about her."

I nodded and said, "It's okay man, I know you didn't really mean any of it before."

He smiled and slapped my back and then pulled me in a hug. I knew Cody was my best bud and he'll be their for me.

I got home and the only thing I did besides lying in bed and thinking about her was my homework which is probably completely incorrect. I couldn't focus with out my thoughts leading back to her.

I didn't get much sleep again especially knowing that she'll be at school tomorrow.

I would see her for the first time since she was lying in a hospital bed Friday night.

3 days without seeing her and worrying but she didn't want to see me. Why was she sorry?

I needed to talk to her and see her and that's why I jumped Out of bed in the morning. The first team I was excited to go to school.