Chapter 14 (edited)

Aiden's soft lips against my cheek woke me from the apparent nap I had just indulged in.  "Sorry" I said a little groggy.  "I didn't mean to fall asleep on you guys."  

Adrian stroked my knuckles with his thumb.  "It's okay baby, you're allowed" he said jokingly.  I leaned over to kiss him before we got out of the car and said "Well thanks very much for your permission, Mr. Silvano."  

As soon as I stepped from the car I received a gentle swat on my ass for that comment.  I pressed in the code to get us in the door, walked by the security desk and addressed the guard on duty.  "Good evening, Tony."  He stood and answered "Good evening Ms. Sinclair.  Have a good night."

  We walked to the elevator, I pressed another code in for that and we stepped inside, I pushed '29', the door closed and we were on our way up.  We arrived at my floor and proceeded to my door; the awesome thing about being the CEO of a huge corporation was I bought the entire 29th floor in my building so I didn't have to worry about side neighbors, just the neighbors below me, no one above me.  

"Well" I said opening the door for the brothers "This is me."  Aiden and Adrian stepped in and looked around while I kicked off my heels and put them beside the front entrance.  They followed me into the living room/dinning room; it was an open floor plan and I loved it; all glass windows so I could never feel like I was closed in by brick and walls.  I watched as they walked to the window in the living room.  

"Nice view" said Aiden.  "Really nice" Adrian commented.  "I like it because it feels open, not closed in.  I cannot stand closed in spaces.  I only tolerate elevators because I have to."  I motioned them to have a seat at the bar, grabbed three short crystal glasses and a bottle of 80 year old Scotch.

I poured three healthy glasses.  The twins looked at me a little confused.  I broke the silence and their confusion.  "I am not second guessing my decision to get involved with you both, but I will not have secrets or hide anything from you.  I had enough of that when I was married to Christian.  Having said that, I owe the both of you full disclosure and after you've read everything and you are not disgusted or feel like you want to run away then I know you were truthful when you said how you felt about me."  

Adrian tried to stop me but I held my hand up.  "Adrian, I have to do this, I need to do this.  Please.  My brother-in-law, his girlfriend and my therapist are the only ones that know about my history.  I had always told myself that if I met someone that I would fully disclose what I'd gone through."  

I walked over to a painting behind the bar, moved it to access my wall safe.  I put in my code, opened it and grabbed the thick folder, closed the door and folded the painting back into the wall.  I put it down in front of them and said "Trust me, you will need the drink, maybe two.  I will just sit right here and if you have any questions, just ask.  I will be truthful with you."  I gave them a sad smile as they opened the manila folder.

I threw back several glasses of Scotch as I watched the expressions on the twins faces.  I watched Aiden's jaw clinch and his hand tighten around the glass.  I walked around the bar and put my hand on his cheek and turned his face towards mine and gently said "Don't break the glass baby.  I don't want to have to stitch up your hand."  

He started to say something and I put my finger up to his lips and just shook my head and said "Don't" and placed a kiss on his lips and walked back to where I had been standing.  I heard Adrian curse a couple of times and then I heard them both gasp and I knew that they had reached the picture section of my file.  

"Oh my fucking God" Adrian breathed and I watched as Aiden's face fell as they both continued to look through every dirty, sordid detail of my two year marriage with Christian Sinclair.  Aiden silently closed the folder and slid it on the counter over to me, I took it and went to return it to my safe.  I was scared now, what if they left me?  After seeing and reading everything I would leave me too.

I returned to the kitchen not looking at either one of them, picked up my glass and with shaking hands poured myself another drink.  Aiden broke the deafening silence.  "Chelsea, come here baby."  My legs moved automatically in his direction and before I realized it I was standing in between his legs, his arms around me and my body shook with racking sobs.  

At some point Adrian got up and was standing behind me and all at once I felt cocooned, safe and warm between the brothers.  I don't know how long Aiden held me or how long I cried for but I felt his arms pick me up as he carried me upstairs to my bed, Adrian right behind him. 

 My room was straightened up but my bed was unmade and my Hello Kitty tee shirt was laying on my pillow.  Aiden unbuttoned my dress, pulled it over my head and slipped my shirt over my head, picked me up and laid me down in the middle of my king size bed.  

Through my hazy vision I saw him take off his shoes, socks, pants and shirt while Adrian did the same and then both brothers got in bed with me; I was facing Aiden and Adrian was behind me, his arm protectively around my waist while my face was resting against Aiden's shoulder.  "Sleep baby" he cooed tenderly, stroking my hand.  

"We're not going anywhere, Chels" Adrian said gently and those comforting words were the last I heard as I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.