Chapter 20 (edited)

We arrived at the marina in about thirty minutes and after we pulled up another car glided into the spot next to us.  A man, in a suit, stepped out of the passenger side and pulled what looked like a large picnic basket from the backseat and handed it to Adrian.  

Adrian turned to me and said "Chelsea, this is Duffy, he runs our father's house.  Duffy, this is our girlfriend, Chelsea Sinclair."  

Duffy took my hand and kissed the top of it and then said "It is truly a pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Chelsea" he said politely. 

 "Sirs, is there anything else you require?" he asked of the twins.  

"No, thank you Duffy.  Just please let father know where we are and that we will be home later tonight." Adrian said as the man bowed and then slipped back into the car and drove away. 

 "You ready baby?" asked a smiling Aiden.  I turned around to see where he was pointing; it was the biggest yacht I'd ever seen!  I read the name on the aft and it said The Goddess; interesting name I thought.  

"Wow, she's beautiful!" I exclaimed.  Adrian was already on her, talking with the captain when Aiden and I walked up to the gangway. 

 I looked at Adrian and said "Permission to come aboard?"  

He threw his head back and laughed, taking my hand he said "Permission granted" as I walked onto the massive deck.

I took out my sunglasses from my purse, put them on and sat my purse beside me.  Adrian told me that he would stow it in the bedroom below and I handed it to him and watched him walk off.  We had started to pull away from the dock as I looked around for Aiden but I didn't see him anywhere.  

I guessed he was talking with the captain or with Adrian, so I got up and walked to the side of the boat and looked out into the great expanse of the water.  It was nippy but my sweater kept me warm for the most part; I was just enjoying the freedom that I was experiencing and dare I say joy that filled my heart to bursting.  

I still hadn't figured out why the twins wanted me but right now I didn't care, I was just going to enjoy being with them and for the first time in a long time enjoy life.

(Twins POV)

Chelsea didn't know that Adrian and his brother were watching her from afar and discussing their next steps.  

"She looks so beautiful, doesn't she?" Adrian asked of his brother.  He nodded, not being able to voice his feelings. 

 Finally being able to put his thoughts into words Aiden said "You know, I think she is as good for us as we are for her.  She truly seems happy with us."  His brother nodded. 

 "I agree.  Now, having said that, do you think she's ready to hear about the club or do we let Monique make that introduction?"  

He had a good point.  Would she look at it as a secret they were keeping from her or would it excite her?  

"I honestly don't know the answer to that, Adrian.  Let's play it by ear for now" Aiden responded. 

 Adrian thought that was wise for now and they headed out to join Chelsea.

(Chelsea's POV)

I was enjoying myself when I felt Aiden come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.  I looked over at a smiling Adrian and returned the smile.  

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Aiden said against my ear.  

I put my hands on his and pulled him closer to me and said "How utterly and completely happy I am at this moment."  My answer was simple and to the point. 

 I heard Aiden sigh and then he said "I'm so glad, Chels.  If anyone deserves to be happy, it's you baby.  Truly."  God he was so sweet!  Both of them were but in different ways.  

I reached out to Adrian with my left hand and once he grasped it I pulled him closer to me and his brother.  

Aiden let go of me so both of them could wrap an arm around my waist and in doing that I placed a kiss on each brother's cheek, leaving them feeling happy and sated.

We stood there a little longer when Adrian asked me if I wanted a tour.  I nodded excitedly and followed them.  We stepped into what I thought was the state room.  It was grand and rich looking; light blue and cream colors adorned the seat cushions and draperies; the walls were the cream color and family pictures were displayed across them; the railings and fixtures were a beautiful and bright brass. 

 I studied some of the pictures and enjoying seeing younger versions of the twins.  There was one where they were standing on the stern and posing next to a huge swordfish; I recognized Angelo and the boys but not the beautiful woman standing next to them. 

 "Who's this?" I asked Adrian pointing to the woman.  Adrian didn't answer but Aiden did. 

 "That's our mom."  

"She's beautiful" I said.  "You guys look really happy" I remarked.  

Adrian finally spoke up.  "She was and yes we were."  He sounded kind of sad.  

"I'm sorry Adrian.  I didn't mean to dredge up painful memories" I said feeling bad now.  I felt his arm go around my waist and pull me to him.  

"It's okay baby.  She passed five years ago.  Still hurts but not as much.  She would have loved you" he added.  I smiled at that last part.  "Okay, on with the tour" Aiden said.

"Here's the galley" said Adrian.  

"Wow this is really nice.  I could have fun cooking in here" I said smiling.  

"Well the next family outing we have you can try it out.  What do you think?" said Aiden.  

"That'd be great!" I said smiling.  We passed two more smaller cabins, one had two sets of bunk beds and the other had a full size bed and then we came to the master cabin.  It was beautiful; it was decorated with dark, rich wood and brass fixtures, the walls were painted a rich golden color and the bedding and draperies were in a deep burgundy color and surprising there was a full size bathroom! 

 "Wow guys!  This is gorgeous!" I exclaimed.  

"We're glad you like it baby" said Adrian.  "Because we will be using this later on this evening."  His words held so much promise.