Chapter 67 (edited)

By the time I had gotten upstairs the twins were already in bed asleep; I kind of felt bad but I really needed that time with their dad.  I brushed my teeth, hair, put lotion on and dressed, turned out the light before opening the door and made my way to the foot of the bed, crawled up to my spot and slipped under the covers.  

I could tell that Aiden was laying on his side, facing away from me but Adrian was on his back so I picked up his right arm and snuggled under it and put my head on his chest.  I inhaled, taking in his scent and felt safe; for a moment.  

"You okay?" he asked, his voice raspy from sleep. 

 "Yeah, I was spending time with your dad.  He helped a lot" I answered.  

"Did you guys talk?" he questioned.  

"We did but it was about family; he got out a photo album and we looked at family pictures.  We talked about his parents, your mom and you guys.  You and Aiden were adorable babies" I threw in.  I could feel the rumble of his chuckle through his chest; very sexy.  "Adrian?" I said.  

"Yes?" he responded. 

 "I'll be okay as long as I know I have you guys; please don't ever leave me" I said hating that I sounded so vulnerable.  

He rolled onto his side, his left hand cupping my face; the light from the moon shining in, lighting the room just enough to see him as he brought his lips to mine, he kissed me softly and said "Never."  He pulled my leg up over his hip and slid his hand down inside my sleep shorts and caressed my behind.  "Your skin is like silk" he breathed against my neck, kissing the spot that drove me crazy and then moved his mouth back to mine.  I took the opportunity to slip my hand down inside his boxers, his erection rock hard and begging for my touch.

I loved hearing him moan because of my caresses, it was sexy and let me know how much affect I had on him.  Since my attentions were focused on Adrian I didn't realize that Aiden had rolled over and brought his body against mine, but his erection poking me in the behind let me know he was there.  

Adrian had moved his hand lower and slipped his finger into me, slowly moving in and out while Aiden put his hand under my shirt and teased my erect nipples.  Neither of them hurried with their intentions, they took their time with me, pleasing me, loving me, letting me know they were here and not going anywhere.  Both of them spent most of the rest of the night making love to me, not fucking me, but loving me and when we finally finished, we fell asleep wrapped in each others arms.  

My sleep was troubled and while it was not rocked with nightmares it wasn't a rest that I had become accustomed to since I had moved into Silvano Estates.  

I guess my tossing and turning disturbed both of them because Adrian threw his arm over my waist and Aiden threw his leg over mine and they both said, together "Shut your mind off and go to sleep." 

 If I hadn't been so tired I would have probably laughed but instead I just mumbled "Sorry" and closed my eyes, trying to close my mind at the same time.  Sleep came, finally.

I woke up to the sound of the shower and the smell of their body wash; I loved their smell.  I dragged my tired body from bed, into the bathroom, took one look in the mirror and scoffed.  Damn, I looked like a hag! 

 I splashed cold water in my face and brushed my teeth, hoping that would help, peeled off my clothes and stepped into the shower with Aiden.  I didn't have to say anything as he drew me under the soothing water and wrapped me in his arms, just holding me close.  I was lost in how good his hand felt just running up and down my back; he was almost putting me to sleep. 

 "Hmm, I should have had you do this last night" I mumbled against his chest.  

He stepped back and looked down at me, compassion in his eyes.  "I always think you look beautiful, but baby you look tired this morning" he wasn't being ugly and I knew this.  I sighed. 

 "I am tired Aiden.  I'm tired of a lot of things but as Edward Fitzgerald said 'This too shall pass'."  He bent down and kissed me, lightly at first but then a need took over and I pulled him into me forceably and the kiss turned deeper, more needy.  I begged him to take me.

I decided to wear my hair up today so I put it in a messy bun, once it was dry, and left a few strands of hair hanging down on either side of my face; simple makeup, grey sleeveless wrap dress that had a very cute ruffle that went from the waist d...

I decided to wear my hair up today so I put it in a messy bun, once it was dry, and left a few strands of hair hanging down on either side of my face; simple makeup, grey sleeveless wrap dress that had a very cute ruffle that went from the waist down, wide peach belt, peach peep-toed heels, peach shrug, nude thigh high stockings, a chunky peach bracelet and earrings, those were gifts from Monique. 

 I stood and looked at the finished product; I looked okay but today I just wasn't feeling it and for the first time in a very long time I didn't want to go to work but I knew I had to; I had to set a good example.  Just because I was no longer the CEO didn't mean I could slack off and ignore my duties as CFO; plus I had meetings out the wazoo today.  I sighed grabbing my purse and phone and headed to breakfast, hoping I could keep it down. 

 "Good morning" I said and not in my cheerful voice as I headed for the coffee pot.  Sylvia was standing there waiting to get her a cup and tried to start a light conversation. 

 "You look beautiful this morning" she said sweetly. 

 "Thanks" I said looking at her appearance.  "You playing hooky today?" I asked, grinning at her.  She nodded. 

 "I'm going to lay around today and catch up on my reading" she said. 

 "What do you like to read?" I asked genuinely interested. 

 "I really love the classics" she said excitedly.  I nodded. 

 "Me too.  My favorite is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.  They made a really good movie that plays on Turner Classic Movies as well" I told her.  

"Well" she said.  "Maybe you and I need to do a 'classics books and movie day sometime soon." 

 "Absolutely" I said kissing her cheek.