Fred Weasley [E]

~•~

"Thanks for letting me in, Mrs. Weasley," you spoke. Having entered the kitchen, you glanced around the room before being motioned to sit down on one of the kitchen chairs.

"Just call me Molly, dear," the red haired woman responded, waving her hand, a sign to drop the formalities since you were her son's girlfriend.

The Burrow seemed almost empty of life if it had not been for the sound of newspaper being flicked once in a while, courtesy of Mr. Weasley sitting in the living room.

Your eyes nervously scattered over the table before focusing on the steaming mug with Jasmine tea. Your fingers mindlessly danced over the mug, warmth from the liquid transferring itself to your hands.

"So, what has been on your mind, Y/n?" Molly asked calmly. The mother of the Weasley household scanned the younger girl, worry being evident in her facial expression.

Glancing hesitantly up, you locked eyes with her and quickly retracted your gaze downwards towards the wooden table once again.

"I know that this might be shocking, but I-" stopping yourself, you took a deep breath.
"I'm pregnant."

After having whispered the last part, small tears began trickling down your cheeks before you started full on sobbing at the statement, you had just made. You hid your face away in your hands, afraid of how Molly was going to view you now.

You were seventeen, a year younger than Fred, who had just recently graduated from Hogwarts. You could not help thinking how the both of you were too young. You had not experienced enough in life to settle down and you did not even want to start thinking about how Fred would react to the news. Would he be ecstatic or would he not want anything to do with you?

It did not help that Molly had not uttered a word since you had made your statement several minutes ago. Your sobbing had now subsided to small snuffle sounds. It was not until you felt two hands grab your own that you raised your head again.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's Fred's?" Molly let out a small laugh, her lips curving up into a smile as she asked the question.

You chuckled at her joke, smiling back at her, the worrying slowly vanishing from your thoughts.
"Actually it's George's."

"Oh my!" Mrs. Weasley erupted with a fake shocked look on her face, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Well, they won't know the difference," Molly spoke teasingly with a glimpse in her eye.

The both of you soon joined each other in laughing. The Weasley mother then tightened her grip on your hands, squeezing them as she popped another question.

"Have you told Fred?"

Before you were able to answer, a person entered the kitchen, face showing confusing.

"Told me what?" Fred asked walking closer to the two women sat at the table.

You rapidly turned your head, seeing him stand right before you as he kept glancing back and forth between his mother and his girlfriend that had made a surprise visit to his home.

Sensing this was her cue to leave, Mrs. Weasley left the two and ventured into the living room where her husband was situated.

"You are making me nervous.. Is everything alright? Why are you crying? Are you going to break up with me?" He kept asking and asking, face filled with worry.

"Kinda, ehm, No! I should actually be more afraid of that," you mumbled the last part.

Squatting down, Fred placed his hands gently on to your shoulders, his eyes locking themselves with yours.

"Please tell me," he pleaded.

"I want to, but I-" you slowly trailed off.

"But you?"

"You will hate me," you whispered. The strength of his stare left you with the feeling of being pierced and your eyes once again scattered wildly as you desperately searched for somewhere else to look at.
A small tear trickled down your flushed cheek before being wiped away. At the feeling of Fred's warm hand caressing your cheek, you turned your head and then found yourself unable to look away.

"Tell me," he pleaded again, much more serious.

"I'm pregnant, Fred," you spoke.

Fred's hands fell limply against his side, leaving your shoulders where they once rested. You felt once again his stare not leaving you, but you did not dare look at his face.

Fred pulled you into his arms and began to whisper in your ear.

"We're going to get through this together, the two of us- well actually the three of us now that I think about it." Fred laughed at the realisation of there going to be three of you now. His right hand went to caress your hair as he pulled you closer to him, your chin placed on to his shoulder.

"I know it is not something either of us planned, but I don't regret it," he continued, rocking you slightly back and forth in a soothing manner.

"Also, planning your life sucks!"

You giggled at the last comment and was then pulled away from his embrace for a moment. Letting his eyes scan over your face, Fred's lips curved into a smile. You were soon pulled into another tight hug, once more resting your head on his shoulder.

"I love you," he whispered softly.

"I love you too."

~•~