Chapter 16: Spring Break and Spanish Karaoke

(Name)'s POV

After a long week of school, it was time for spring break; a time for celebration for nearly completing the school year and to relax. It was also the time my parents came home from their trip. They were surprised when they saw the countries. (Well, Mom was surprised and Dad was about ready to go upstairs and get his guns out of the closet). I ended up covering for it though by saying they were all exchange students studying abroad. Dad had a hard time believing it but after getting an elbow jab from Mom he "believed" it. He wasn't too thrilled about the idea until he met Hungary and found out about her knack for keeping the guys in place.

Anyway, Mom and Dad were generous enough to allow the countries to come with us on our annual family spring break vacation to a beach resort hotel. We got on a plane and flew there to get ourselves nice hotel rooms full of house keeping, room service, and many other accommodations. (The only rule was that guys stay in one room and girls in another- besides him and Mom of course).

Once we were all settled in, we all went down to the beach while Mom and Dad went to the spa. Hungary and I were sunbathing; Lily, America, Germany, Italy, Prussia, and Russia were swimming; Japan, China, England, and Wales were building a sand castle; Canada was reading a book under the shade while France was flirting with some girls in bikinis; and Spain was trying to convince Romano to go swimming. "Ahhh, this is perfect," Hungary sighed with content as we sat in the sun.

"You can say that again," I agreed, turning myself over to tan my back. "Nothing like a relaxing vacation to melt all of school's troubles away."

As we laid in the Sun, I glanced up over at Romano and Spain to see Spain failing at getting Romano in the water. "Come on Romano, come swimming." Spain requested.

"No way!" Romano huffed. "The ocean is where fish use the bathroom and I refuse to swim in a stupid toilet!"

"Come on, it's a lot of fun," Spain insisted, splashing Romano with a little bit of water.

"Not happening jerk!" Romano then stormed off to sit under the umbrella with Canada, who he didn't notice.

Spain looked down in defeat and I decided to help him out a bit; I got off my cover-clothes that were over my bathing suit and made my way over to Spain. I whispered a plan into his ear and he nodded in agreement to it.

3rd Person's POV

Romano grumbled under the umbrella with a look of anger on his face. If he didn't want to swim he wouldn't swim. "Stupid Spain, telling me it's fun to swim in a stupid toilet," he grumbled. "What does he know anyway?!"

He laid down and fell asleep on the towel, which gave Spain and (Name) the perfect opportunity to strike; they carefully lifted Romano off of the towel in a way that didn't wake him, and put him on a floater before taking him into the water.

"He's gonna be so mad when he wakes-up," (Name) whispered to Spain. "But he'll come around."

"I know he will," Spain agreed.

A few moments later, Romano woke-up to find he wasn't on the towel. "WHAT THE CRAPOLA IS THIS?!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

He then looked over to see (Name) and Spain laughing like crazy at his reaction, which made Romano furious.

"Oh, you think this is funny huh?!" Romano then started chasing the two around in the water while they laughed.

(Name)'s POV

Romano was still mad at me and Spain for tricking him into going swimming but we knew he had fun. He just needed a little extra push. We ate dinner in the hotel that night and then all went to bed to get some rest. Hungary and I shared the same room while the guys all slept with their own separate rooms and Lily slept in Mom and Dad's room. An hour after I had fallen asleep, I was woken up by Hungary, who had gotten all dressed up.

"We're all heading down to karaoke. Do you want to come?" she asked.

I groggily sat up and nodded. Even though I was tired, I was not missing out on seeing the countries do karaoke. I quickly got dressed and followed Hungary downstairs to the karaoke bar, where the guys were already at. America was up on the stage singing, Don't Stop Believing, which made Britain, Canada, and France groan in annoyance since they had heard a hundred times before. Hungary and I sat down and looked at the karaoke song list to see what songs were up for singing. Then Spain came up to me and suggested that we sing together.

"Which song should we sing?" I asked him.

Spain smiled. "I already picked out the song. I want you to be surprised," He replied.

"What?!"

"It'll be fun, come on."

Well, what did I have to lose? If he picked a song I didn't agree with, I would leave so I had nothing to really lose. "Okay. When do we go up?"

Just then, the manager called me and Spain up to the stage. I gave Spain a glare and he giggled. We both went up to the stage to grab our microphones. The song pulled up on the screen and it was Jump in The Line.

Well, it's not like it's a Justin Bieber song, I thought as I the music began to play.

Spain knew the song better than me, but I did my best to keep up. When the chorus came around for the first time, Spain got off the stage and started a conga line with a bunch of the other goers of the place. He then pulled me off the stage and got me in the conga line. Some of the others countries got in on the fun too- France, Prussia, Wales, Italy, Hungary, and America- and started dancing to the beat. I was too busy smiling from this whole thing that I forgot to sing along. (Spain had it covered anyway).

When we were done, everyone cheered for us- more Spain than me- and the night continued on like that. No one else was able to top Spain but it was still fun. Hungary and I ended up getting the guys back up to their room after two hours of karaoke full of singing. No spring break has ever been topped by that one.