Chapter 21: The Hunt for Clues

(Name)'s POV

I never thought that Italy's voice could sound so cold, twisted, and evil. I could imagine Luciano smirking on the other end of the phone with a knife in hand, thinking about how he had all the cards in this little game.

"Where are the guys?" I asked right away, not wanting to waste any time.

"You're so quick to the point (Name)," Luciano replied. "I like that in a woman."

"Let go of me!" I heard America shout in the background. I knew it was him and not Al just by the tone of his voice.

"America?!"

After that, I heard a door slam shut. "Sorry about that interruption, (Name). Now then, back to our discussion-"

".Cut the crap and give them back Luciano!" I shouted. On the outside I was furious; on the inside, I was freaking out. If all the fan theories were true, then I was digging my own grave by doing this.

Luciano didn't say anything for a moment and then he darkly chuckled. "You are either very brave or very foolish," he told me. "You want your precious countries so badly? Come and get them, if you dare. In fact, I'll be generous enough and leave you a clue on how to find them; tomorrow, your clue shall be at the mall at 12 o'clock, sharp. Make sure you come alone. Ciao~."

Then the phone cut off.

"What'd he say?" Hungary asked after Luciano hung up.

"He says he'll give me a clue where they are at the mall tomorrow, 12 o'clock sharp," I replied. "I have to go."

"No way!" Hungary shouted. "It's too dangerous to go alone! I'm going too!"

"No. You need to stay here with Lily. I gotta do this Hungary. If you go with, then I might not get the clue I need to find the guys. He said I had to go alone. Plus, my parents can't know about this. You have to stay here with Lily and cover for me."

Hungary just stared at me and then smiled softly. "I understand. I'll watch Lily and won't get your parents involved."

"Thanks Hungary."

That's when Lily hugged my legs. I looked down at her and saw the worried look on her face. I got on my knees and started rubbing her head. "Hey Lily, what's wrong?"

"Don't go," she pleaded with her puppy dog eyes. "You might get hurt."

I smiled and then gave her a kiss on her head. "I'll give you the same advice Britain gave America once; Stiff up a lip. I'll be all right Lily. If I don't do this, the guys will be in some serious trouble. Do you understand?"

Lily nodded and hugged me tight.

*****(Timeskip brought to you by Mochis)

The next day, at 11:50, I was in the mall plaza, waiting for my clue into where the guys were to arrive. I told Sarah about what was happening and she tried to talk me out of it too, but I told her no.

I sat next to the water fountain and drank from my milkshake, wondering where my clue was. Come on clue, show yourself, I thought as my foot tapped against the ground.

That's when I noticed two people not too far away. I squinted and found that they looked like Oliver and Francois.

Great, I thought as I got up.

I pretended to walk casually by the two to get a better look and confirmed it was them. Oliver was the first to notice me and he gave me his Cheshire-Cat smile that sent shivers down my spine. Francois noticed this and then gestured his head over to the nearest store, which happened to be a bakery. (....Really universe? You just love to make jokes, don't you?)

I walked in first and sat down at a booth in the back of the store. Francois and Oliver soon came in and sat across from me. Oliver continued to smile while Francois looked like he could care less about the situation. "It's so nice to finally meet you face-to-face poppet~," Oliver greeted. "Your little sister looks so much like you, (Name)."

"...Do you have the clue?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

Francois reached into his pocket and slid a paper across the table. "Don't open it until tonight," he mumbled under his breath that smelled like cigarettes. He then started standing up. "Let's go Oliver."

"Coming Francois~," Oliver chirped, following after Francois.

I slipped the paper into my pocket and then walked out of the mall. When I got to my house, Lily ran up and hugged me tight. She asked me a billion questions and I told her as much as I could. Mom and Dad asked me about what I did at the mall and I told them that I was just at the mall with Sarah, not wanting to let them know about the situation I was in.

When it was later that night, Sarah got on Skype and watched from her home as Hungary, Lily and I got the note out. This was what it had on it; nothing!

"What the-?! There's nothing on here!" Hungary shouted.

"So they lied?" Lily questioned.

"Now what do we do?" Sarah asked.

As I stared at the paper, I noticed the moon light coming into the room. I took the paper to the window and held it to the moonlight to reveal something written on the paper; it didn't make sense and then I turned it upside down to see that it was a message; The lake by the ocean is where you will find what you seek. (A/N: Let's just pretend that it's a cryptic message or haiku, or whatever, written by Kuro).

"The lake by the ocean?" I questioned. Then it hit me; "Sarah, do you remember that cosmetic products company? Lake something?"

"Lake Views, yeah!"

"Where is it at again?"

"By the ocean!"

"Well we have our location, now we go in to rescue."

"I hope they're okay," Lily hoped.

3rd Person's POV

At the abandoned factory, Luciano was pacing outside one of the rooms. Soon, Oliver came out of it. "Well?" Luciano questioned.

"It's ready Luci~," Oliver said.

"Perfect...and don't call me Luci! This will definitely change things for sure."