Finding Out

Alex

I practically fell off the bed when I heard Jacob yawn. He gave me a worried look before showing sad eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you Alex. And I won't let anyone else hurt you either." He said and I almost wanted to believe him but I couldn't after looking back at the smashed door that lay against the wall next to the bathroom.

He sighed, "if it makes you fell any better, Dylan and I think that you and Madi should stick together." He said and I smiled a little bit.

"Well, I have to go, Dylan has to come with me. Cole and Mark are down stairs. There are guards everywhere so you shouldn't even think about escaping." He said and I nodded.

He stood up put on a shirt and shorts and then left. I instantly ran over to Dylan's room where I knew Madi would be. She was sitting there smiling knowing that I would be coming.

"Okay, game plan." I say and she nods.

"Cole and Mark, probably easy to distract I saw them playing video games this morning. Guards out the windows so that's a no for escaping through there." She points at the window behind her.

"Jacob said guards are everywhere, but I think he bluffing. But we should still take precautions. Like we need a weapon." I say and she nods.

"I say we search around the house for something that could help us if they tried to like grab us or something, and then distract Cole and Mark, and then bolt out the front door and into the woods." Madi said and I nodded.

"Let's do this." I say and she smiled as we stand up together.

We start walking through the building opening doors and such to find a lot of bedrooms.

wow. This family must be huge.

We get to the second floor to find the first door on the right is locked. So we wait and walk around for a few minutes on the floor when we hear the door open again.

A boy walks out and runs into one of the living rooms. Madi gestures for me to follow her and we quickly run into the room.

My jaw drops as I see what's on the bed. A bow an arrow. I smiled as I grabbed it quickly and then slung the quiver over MH back along with the actual bow.

Madi was searching through the drawers. "What are you doing?" I whispered to her.

"Think about it, all of the doors in this house have been open, except for this one and it looks like this guy is the only one that is actually here. Everyone else is missing, there must be some reason he locked the door." She said as she opened a new drawer and smiled.

I saw as she took out three small daggers. Then she took out two holsters. One for each of her ankles, she quickly strapped those on before we bolted out of the room. We ran into the nearest closet quickly.

"Now all we have to do is distract Cole and Mark." She says and I nod.

"I have an idea." I say and she nods then I start yelling, "OH MY GOD THERE IS A BRAND NEW DISC UP HERE WITH GTA 5!!!!!" I stopped before adding, "IN THE ATIIC!!" I screamed.

I instantly heard footsteps coming up the stairs and heard them go past us and up the next flight.

"Let's go." I say as we bolt out of the closet and run down the flight of stairs.

I see the front door ahead and I run even faster. Then when we bolt out the door I see a few boys and girls walking around. They all instantly stare at us.

"We're just going for a walk." I say slowly as they all start to go back to what they were doing before.

Madi and I kept slowly walking until we were out of eyesight and then we started running again.