Shopping and More Explainations

Jacob

I had talked to Veronica earlier about taking the girls shopping and she agreed. But then they tried to escape and found out our secret. But when we heard the girls talking about not knowing what to do I mind linked her to come quickly.

I hope the girls are happy there's another girl around for them to talk to about all this new information about werewolves and such. And I think Veronica's happy too because she doesn't have many girl friends in the pack.

Alex

The three of us walked out of Dylan's bedroom. As we walked I saw that Jacob and Dylan were waiting outside the door. I have Jacob a small smile and he smiled back. As we were walking down the stairs we passed a limping Cole.

"What happened?" Veronica asked him and he playfully glared at me.

"Alex got scared and shot me in the leg with an arrow." He said staring at me.

"Oh my gosh! I'm go sorry Cole." I say and he smiles.

"Don't worry about it. Werewolves heal fast." He said as he Ruffles my hair.

Then we walked out side and into a car with Madi in the back, Veronica driving and me sitting shotgun.

"So you guys probably have questions." Veronica said and I nodded.

"What makes mates, mates?" I ask and she smiles.

"The Moon Goddess chooses two people that are perfectly suited for each other and they become mates. The mates hopefully find each other and accept each other. The two complete the mating process and hopefully begin a family." She said and I stared at her shocked.

"So you're saying that I have to begin a family with him?" I say and she nods.

"Yep, unless you don't accept him." She said.

"Wait, accept?" Madi asks.

"Yes, a mate can reject the other. But it rarely happens. And it usually ends up with the rejected mate finding his or her second chance mate and the rejecting mate to die alone a sad and miserable life. Life without a mate is one of the saddest lives you can have. You really have nothing to live for." She says sadly.

"What's the mating process?" Madi asks and I nod.

"Well there are two steps, first the male marks the female to show every other male that the female is taken." She says.

"Mark?" I ask.

"He bites you. Right where your neck and collarbone meet." She says casually.

"What?!" Madi and I yell.

"It's not bad don't worry, it's a sign of love." Veronica says and I stare at her in shock.

"Okay....well what's the second part of the mating process?" I ask and she smirks.

"The two mates have sex." She says and I stare at her in shock.

"Uh.....what?" I ask and Veronica smirks at me.

"You heard me. It's not that weird, it's natural." She said and I shook my head violently.

"That's not going to happen." Madi says and I nod agreeing with her.

"Try telling your mates that." Veronica said laughing, "oh another important thing to know is that the male is a little protective of the female. If he even sees another guy talking to you he'll flip. And sorry, Alex, but it's worse for you since Jacob is the alpha." She smiles sadly.

"Haha, sucks for you." Madi laughed.

"Any other questions?" Veronica asks and I shake my head no. "Just so you two know, the boys probably will want to know if you accept them or not by the time we get home." She finished.