The Date

Alex

Cole walked me down the steps toward the front door. I opened it and Jacob was standing there with a giant smile on his face and a single red rose in his hand.

"Aww thank you." I said taking the rose, I turned to look at Cole, "can you put this in a vase and set it in our room?" I asked him and he nodded and took the rose.

"I must say you look breath taking." Jacob said as he looked at my dress.

I took this time to look at his appearance, he wore a black button down shirt with black dress pants and shoes. And he also wore a purple tie the exact color as my dress.

"You look dashing yourself, but I have a question. How did you know to wear purple?" I gestured to the tie.

"Veronica told me." He said with a chuckle and I giggled. "Are you ready to go?" He asked and I nodded and he led me to his car.

Jacob opened the door for me before going towards the drivers side and getting in. He smiled at me before he started the car.

"The restaurant is a little ways away, only 45 minutes." He said and I nodded.

We sat in silence for the first few minutes before Jacob took one of his hands off the wheel and wrapped it around my own. I played with his finger, counting all of the wrinkles and such on them.

"You're so adorable." He said to me and I looked away from him as the blush came upon my cheeks.

"Don't turn away you look even more adorable when you blush." He said and I blushed even more.

We spent the rest of the drive quietly or silently humming along to the radio.

But once he parked at the restaurant I realized it was worth the long drive. The place was huge. It seemed to have a hotel connected to the place. And it looked very expensive. There was a giant line out the door of people waiting.

Jacob held my hand as we walked passed the line. I felt bad as we passed the people waiting to get a table.

"Hey you can't budge in front!" A woman said from behind us, I turned around and saw that she looked very angry. "We have all been waiting here, and you don't deserve to waltz in like you're royalty." She said to us. The man next to her pulled on her arm as to say, 'be quiet.'

I didn't know how to respond to that, what would someone else say to that? Jacob pulled me behind with.

"Miss, I'm sorry if you believe we are offending you by walking in instead of waiting in line, but we have made reservations so I think we better be on our way." Jacob said as he pulled us through the door.

"Ahh Jacob, so glad to see you back here. Your table is right this way." A waiter led us to a table for two.

The table sat us right next to a giant window that had a beautiful view of the lake next to the restaurant. Jacob and I sat across from each other.

"What would you two like to drink?" He asked.

"We will both have a water." Jacob said, the waiter nodded, then handed us menus and walked away.

"What if I didn't want water." I said to him jokingly.

"Well I knew you would probably order some sort of caffeine and I didn't want that to happen again. So I ordered for you." He said with a smirk on his face. I kicked his shin from under the table.