The Mall

Alex

I woke up and touched the new necklace around my neck and smiled at the memory.

Jacob was not in the bed so I assumed he had pack duties to attend to.

I made my way downstairs to see Veronica and Madi already in the living room watching tv.

"Good morning." I yawned as I stepped towards the couch that they were sitting on.

"Morning." Madi said as she turned to me. As she did I got a glimpse of something on her shoulder.

"MADI!! Did dylan mark you!?!?" I yelled as I saw the mark and leapt on the couch to ask her questions.

"Uhhhh yeah, last night." She said and I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Oh my god! This is so exciting!" I said and I saw a blush form on her cheeks.

"It's not that big of a deal." She said as she tried to turn her focus back to the tv.

"Not a big deal? Are you kidding me Madi! This is the biggest deal ever! Dylan marked you!" I said excitedly as I shook her shoulders.

"Geez Alex calm down you're scaring her." Veronica said as she ate a piece of bacon.

"Where'd you get that from?" I asked suddenly wanting food.

"Oh, Madi had the idea to make a bunch of bacon and then put it into a bowl like you would with chips, here have some." Veronica said as she handed me the bowl filled with bacon strips.

I gladly took it and started eating several strips at a time. I looked up and started watching the tv.

The girls and I spent awhile sitting  and laughing together until the boys entered through the front door.

"Hello princess." Jacob said as he walked towards me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Where were you?" I asked him.

"Well the pack came back from the trip today so I had to fill them in about what happened with Blake. They're all training right now, getting prepared for another attack." He explained.

"Well I want to go train." I said as I stood up, but Jacob pushed me back down on to the couch.

"Alex we already talked about this, if you get out of my eyesight or any of the guards' sight and end up getting attacked, I-I don't know what I would do." He stuttered as he gave me a hug and put his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent.

"Jacob, I get it, you don't want me to get hurt, but I can protect myself, you don't need to be there every second of every day." I said to him.

"I know you can protect yourself, but it would just make me feel so much better knowing I'm by your side." He said as he sat down next to me and then placed me on his lap.

"You're so overprotective." I complained as I leaned my head against his chest.

"Shut up." He said like a child.

"Okay, I say today we do something fun." Mark said suddenly.

I looked over to see Madi and Dylan watching the tv and eating out of the bacon bowl, and Mark and Veronica were standing up ready to leave.

"That sounds fun, what should we do?" Madi asked.

"Let's just go out to the mall or something." Jacob said and I nodded.

"Sounds good, I just got to spend a few minutes getting ready first." Madi said as she got up.

"Me too." I said as I followed Madi up the stairs and to my bedroom.