Morning Chaos

I woke to a guard shaking me. I sat up holding the sheet around my body facing him.

"What?" I asked still groggy. Nathan stirred beside me as I looked at the guard.

"Drake escaped custody," he said as I groaned.

"I'll meet you down stairs in five," I said as the guard made a quick exit. I ran to the closet grabbing a black tank top and black leggings pulled them on along with my black sneakers. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail before running down the stairs and into the living room.

"Mam he escaped two states over but we needed to inform you," the guard said as I nodded.

"Does the council want us to track him?" I asked as the guard stared blankly at me.

"Usually you call them," the guard said handing me the phone. I dialed Alicia leaning against the wall. My heart raced as Drake's words echoed in my head. What did he mean by regret?

"This is Alicia," she said as I stood tall.

"Its Sapphire we heard about Drake and I am calling for instructions. Would you like our assistance in tracking Drake?" I asked keeping my voice level.

"No but alert the guards about the issue and keep an eye out. After what he said you and the pack are a target," Alicia said firmly.

"Will do," I said hanging up facing the lead guard. "Tell the rest of the guard to stay on alert." I said firmly before making my way back to my room to wake Nathan.

"What did the guard want?" He asked as my hands shook from anger.

"Drake escaped," I said my voice trembling. Nathan rushed forward wrapping me in his arms his warmth calming my rising panic. "I'm only worried about you."

"I have magic I'll be fine," he said with unwavering confidence.

"If you leaving me here alone I'll be so pissed at you," I snapped with a smirk. He pressed his lips against my cheek before I made my way down the stairs and outside. I needed to help seeing as Drake couldn't hurt me. I made my way deep into the wood to the edge of our land.

"Mam you shouldn't be out here," the lead guard said as I laughed.

"Drake can't touch me," I said as the guard backed down. "What's your name?"

"Tony," he said as I nodded.

"Tony call me Sapphire," I said as he visibly relaxed next to me. I stood near a tree my hair billowing in the breeze as I waited for any signs of trouble.
---
It had been weeks and everything had gone back to normal. There were no sightings of Drake and no threats. Nathan wrapped his arms around me from behind kissing my bare shoulder causing my breath to catch in my chest.

"Babe Drake probably isn't going to come," Nathan said as if sensing my thoughts.

"I still worry. He knows my only weakness is you," I sighed facing him tears glistening in my eyes.

"I'm right here. I'm never leaving you. I'm here always!" He said firmly before I pulled myself together. He smiled walking away when there was an explosion outside. I jumped to action running outside with a group of guards hot on my trail. I found a witch standing there with a smile.

"Who are you?!" I growled stalking toward her.

"A witch that knows you have more than one weakness. I have a message from Drake. He said your payment is due. By the way congrats on the baby," the female witch laughed vanishing in a puff of smoke. Baby what did she mean by baby? I raced into the house finding Nathan as my fear grew ten fold.

"What was that?" He asked before registering my panic.

"A witch who works with Drake said I'm pregnant," I gasped tears falling down my face.

"Oh god," he said placing his hand on my belly gently. He froze eyes widened in shock.

"What do we do? Drake is going to attack and I don't think I can fight in this condition," I rambled my tears shining in the sunlight coming in through the window.

"I'll protect you," Nathan said pulling me close as I buried my face in his chest. He squeezed me against him as I sobbed thinking about the life my child would have, chaos the baby would inherit. I don't want this for my baby.

"Mam they have an army advancing in the north. We are outnumbered but maybe with your fighting abilities we stand a chance," Tony said causing me to sit down.

"I'm pregnant Tony. I just found out we need help," I said calling Alicia.

"Sapphire what's up?" She asked as I pulled it as together as I was going to get.

"Drake brought an army and I'm in no condition to fight. They outnumber us, we need back up fast," I said softly and was met by silence.

"I'll send a few guys but they probably won't make it on time," Alicia said as I touched my belly thinking only of my child.

"I'm pregnant so please hurry," I gasped hanging up. I knew we stood no chance and the pack was in danger. My first real duty as an alpha and I couldn't protect the people I vowed to. Could they save us even against the odds?

"SAPPHIRE COME OUT AND PLAY!!" Drake yelled from across the clearing at the edge of our land. He was coming and I was screwed...