Return to Him

My eyes flew open and I realized I was in my home. I got up checking the closet. I washed the blood off pulling a dark black dress on before making my way down stairs. I stopped seeing Eric arguing with a man just outside of a party.

"I don't care you still didn't do as I said. Not having the power is no excuse," Eric growled his voice so harsh. He wasn't Eric. I watched horrified as he snapped the man's neck. Eric walked back into the party as if nothing had happened. I held back the tears in my eyes as I gain the confidence to move. I took a step followed by several more before I stepped into the party. I was instantly approached by several men asking me to dance but I refused until Eric offered his hand clearly curious who I was.

"You have me quite puzzled," he said as he spun me around. I couldn't help but think of the last time we had danced. We were in perfect harmony but now he flung me around carelessly. "You look pretty but I don't recall you being invited."

"I wasn't invited," I whispered as he danced with me out of the room releasing me. He turned from me as my breath hitched. "Eric," I whispered as his eyes flew to me. I saw a brief moment of recognition before his eyes grew hard.

"Who are you and do you have magic?" He demanded as my heart sunk. He really didn't remember me.

"I don't have much magic but I came for you," I said with a sad smile. I conjured a small flame hoping he would remember but he just laughed.

"You seem nice but I can't use you," Eric said as I looked down.

"Until our last breath," I whispered as he looked at me again. "I will protect you with everything I have."

"Why?" Eric asked eyes full of confusion.

"Because you don't remember," I said as he stepped toward me. His hand reached up his fingers trailing my jaw before grabbing my throat pinning me against a wall.

"I have killed so many," Eric growled but I could see the pain in his eyes. "What are you?"

"Eric," I gasped refusing to fight back. He released me quickly his eyes full of wonder.

"How come I can't hurt you," Eric muttered as I rushed toward him taking his hand in mine. I pressed my lips to the palm of his hand gently.

"Can you feel it?" I asked as my heart raced. He looked at me his hand caressing my cheek.

"Eric!" Rory yelled as he pulled his hand away breaking the connection. I almost had him as he walked to Rory. He wrapped his arms around her pressing his lips against hers. I looked down my heart cracking. I wanted to hurt her but knew I wasn't going to have the power to beat her.

"Eric don't let her fool you. If you leave her she'll kill you," I said as she ran toward me. I dodged her swing as Eric grabbed her arm pulling her away from me. "When you remember I'm here but until then I will be whatever you need."

"Is anyone worth the trouble?" He asked walking toward me as a tear fell rapidly down my left cheek.

"No but you are," I said firmly as he wiped the tear in a show of kindness that was unusual for his dark side. "I should go but if you need me use magic." I turned to leave walking to the front door.

"Stay," Eric said quickly as I faced him. I walked toward him wrapping my arms around him.

"Until our last breath," I smiled as he looked into my eyes. I felt a small spark crackle between us. It wasn't to the level it used to be but it gave me hope. He was and always would be the person I loved most. I gasped as a group of witches rushed into the room launching Eric across the room. I faced them and I knew most of them. I saw a gun on the tabled behind me so I carefully grabbed it as to go unnoticed.

"Rory help," Eric gasped but Rory shook her head fleeing from the room. I saw he was in pain from the witch magic. I stepped in front of him blocking him from the magic. I winced the energy pressing against me. My body was no longer equipped to handle this level of magic. I took aim quickly hitting three of the witches before the gun fell to the floor next to me. The room started spinning as I collapsed. Eric rushed forward grabbing the gun killing the last three witches before turning to me. He scooped me up in his arms carrying me to the couch. I felt his magic filling my body healing me almost completely.

"Eric are you okay?" I asked as he continued healing me.

"You could have died," Eric snapped harshly as he stood next to me.

"They were going to kill you Eric," I said getting to my feet. "Rory left but I couldn't just abandon you after everything."

"Everything what are you talking about?" Eric muttered as I looked into his eyes.

"Damn it I love you Eric. I came back from the dead twice for you!" I snapped as he looked at me. He pulled me close his lips caressing mine. A warm glow filled my body as the kiss deepened. He pulled away as my eyes searched for recognition but still I found none.

"I wish I could remember," Eric said reading me just like he used to.

"It's okay for you not to remember. I will be what you need. If you need help killing someone I will. I will do anything for you Eric," I said firmly. I would fight tooth and nail to bring him back. I would save him always...

[A/N]
The picture above is the outfit Sapphire is wearing.